Free Online Dictionary
|THE Eng-Cro Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "subdue", to help you become a better English speaker.
Free for individual usage/Besplatan za osobnu uporabu
|Farsi dictionary||Download this dictionary|
مطيع کردن ،مقهور ساختن ،رام کردن
|Dizionario inglese-italiano 1.0.012||Download this dictionary|
SOGGIOGARE. SOTTOMETTERE. FRENARE. DOMINARE. ATTENUARE. MITIGARE
|MHM Advanced English > Persian (v. 90)||Download this dictionary|
[.v]: مطيع کردن ، مقهور ساختن ، رام کردن
|hEnglish - advanced version||Download this dictionary|
\sub*due"\ (?), v. t. [imp. & p. p. subdued (?); p. pr. & vb. n. subduing.] [oe. soduen, of. sosduire to seduce, l. subtus below (fr. sub under) + ducere to lead. see duke, and cf. subduct.]
1. to bring under; to conquer by force or the exertion of superior power, and bring into permanent subjection; to reduce under dominion; to vanquish. i will subdue all thine enemies. xvii. 10.
2. to overpower so as to disable from further resistance; to crush. nothing could have subdued nature to such a lowness, but his unkind daughters. if aught were worthy to subdue the soul of man.
3. to destroy the force of; to overcome; as, medicines subdue a fever.
4. to render submissive; to bring under command; to reduce to mildness or obedience; to tame; as, to subdue a stubborn child; to subdue the temper or passions.
5. to overcome, as by persuasion or other mild means; as, to subdue opposition by argument or entreaties.
6. to reduce to tenderness; to melt; to soften; as, to subdue ferocity by tears.
7. to make mellow; to break, as land; also, to destroy, as weeds.
8. to reduce the intensity or degree of; to tone down; to soften; as, to subdue the brilliancy of colors.
| subdue in English | subdue in French | subdue in Italian | subdue in Spanish | subdue in Dutch | subdue in Portuguese | subdue in German | subdue in Russian | subdue in Japanese | subdue in Greek | subdue in Korean | subdue in Turkish | subdue in Hebrew | subdue in Arabic | subdue in Thai | subdue in Other Eastern-European languages | subdue in Other Western-European languages | subdue in Other Russian languages | subdue in Polish | subdue in Hungarian | subdue in Czech | subdue in Latvian | subdue in Catalan | subdue in Croatian | subdue in Serbian | subdue in Albanian | subdue in Urdu | subdue in Slovenian | subdue in Bulgarian | subdue in Danish | subdue in Norwegian | subdue in Romanian | subdue in Swedish | subdue in Ukrainian | subdue in Farsi | subdue in Macedonian | subdue in Latin | subdue in Hindi
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!