Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
n. condition, circumstance; location, place, position; post, job, place of employment
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "situation", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. the general state of things; the combination of circumstances at a given time; "the present international situation is dangerous"; "wondered how such a state of affairs had come about"; "eternal truths will be neither true nor eternal unless they have fresh meaning for every new social situation"- Franklin D.Roosevelt
(synonym) state of affairs
2. a condition or position in which you find yourself; "the unpleasant situation (or position) of having to choose between two evils"; "found herself in a very fortunate situation"
(hypernym) condition, status
(hyponym) place, shoes
3. a complex or critical or unusual difficulty; "the dangerous situation developed suddenly"; "that's quite a situation"; "no human situation is simple"
(hyponym) conflict of interest
4. physical position in relation to the surroundings; "the sites are determined by highly specific sequences of nucleotides"
(hypernym) position, place
(hyponym) active site
(derivation) situate, locate
5. a job in an organization; "he occupied a post in the treasury"
(synonym) position, post, berth, office, spot, billet, place
(hypernym) occupation, business, job, line of work, line
|Babylon German English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
nf. situation, condition, circumstance, state, position
|Babylon French English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
nf. situation; position, location, place; circumstance, context; pass, post, status
| situation in French | situation in Italian | situation in Spanish | situation in Dutch | situation in Portuguese | situation in German | situation in Russian | situation in Japanese | situation in Greek | situation in Korean | situation in Turkish | situation in Hebrew | situation in Arabic | situation in Thai | situation in Polish | situation in Czech | situation in Catalan | situation in Croatian | situation in Serbian | situation in Albanian | situation in Urdu | situation in Bulgarian | situation in Danish | situation in Finnish | situation in Norwegian | situation in Romanian | situation in Swedish | situation in Farsi | situation in Macedonian | situation in Afrikaans | situation in Latin | situation in Hindi | situation in Indonesian | situation in Vietnamese | situation in Pashto | situation in Malay
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!