Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
v. furnish with a rim, border with, surround with; serve as a rim, serve as a border or frame
n. edge, brink; frame or edge surrounding an object; metal hoop from which a basketball net is hung; outer edge of a wheel; metal edge of a wheel on which a tire is placed
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "rim", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Rim may refer to:
- Rim (coin), the sharp circular (or otherwise shaped) edge which surrounds the coin design
- Rim (craters), the part of a crater that extends above the height of the local surface
- Rim (firearms), a projection machined into the bottom of a firearms cartridge
- Rim (novel), by Alexander Besher
- Rim (wheel), the outer part of a wheel on which the tire is mounted.
- Rim (basketball), part of equipment for basketball
- Breakaway rim, a specialized rim capable of sustaining forceful dunks
- Rim, Nepal
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. the shape of a raised edge of a more or less circular object
(hypernym) boundary, edge, bound
2. (basketball) the hoop from which the net is suspended; "the ball hit the rim and bounced off"
(hypernym) hoop, ring
(classification) basketball, basketball game, hoops
3. the outer part of a wheel to which the tire is attached
(hypernym) hoop, ring
(hyponym) felloe, felly
4. a projection used for strength or for attaching to another object
5. the top edge of a vessel
(synonym) brim, lip
1. run around the rim of; "Sugar rimmed the dessert plate"
(hypernym) line, run along
2. furnish with a rim; "rim a hat"
(hypernym) supply, provide, render, furnish
3. roll around the rim of; "the ball rimmed the basket"
(hypernym) roll, turn over
|Babylon Portuguese English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
n. kidney, one of a pair of organs that filters metabolic wastes from the blood
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
| rim in French | rim in Italian | rim in Spanish | rim in Dutch | rim in Portuguese | rim in German | rim in Russian | rim in Japanese | rim in Greek | rim in Korean | rim in Turkish | rim in Hebrew | rim in Arabic | rim in Thai | rim in Polish | rim in Hungarian | rim in Czech | rim in Latvian | rim in Catalan | rim in Croatian | rim in Serbian | rim in Albanian | rim in Urdu | rim in Bulgarian | rim in Danish | rim in Finnish | rim in Norwegian | rim in Romanian | rim in Swedish | rim in Farsi | rim in Macedonian | rim in Latin | rim in Hindi | rim in Indonesian | rim in Vietnamese | rim in Mongolian | rim in Pashto | rim in Malay
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!