Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
v. forgive, absolve; release, discharge; abate, relax, slacken; send, dispatch
n. act of forgiving; discharging; dispatching
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "remit", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
- Remittance can also refer to the accounting concept of a monetary payment transferred by a customer to a business; see remittance advice. For a person who was exiled and sent an allowance on condition that they did not return home, see remittance man.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. (law) the act of remitting (especially the referral of a law case to another court)
(synonym) remission, remitment
(derivation) remand, send back
(classification) law, jurisprudence
1. send (money) in payment; "remit $25"
(derivation) remittance, remittal, remission, remitment
2. hold back to a later time; "let's postpone the exam"
(synonym) postpone, prorogue, hold over, put over, table, shelve, set back, defer, put off
(entail) cancel, call off
3. release from (claims, debts, or taxes); "The texes were remitted"
(hypernym) cancel, strike down
4. refer (a matter or legal case) to another committe or authority or court for decision
(synonym) remand, send back
(derivation) remission, remitment
5. forgive; "God will remit their sins"
6. make slack as by lessening tension or firmness
(hypernym) loosen, loose
(hyponym) douse, dowse
7. diminish or abate; "The pain finally remitted"
(hypernym) decrease, diminish, lessen, fall
(derivation) remission, remittal, subsidence
|Babylon French English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
v. reset, return, remit; set back, hold over, hand over; deliver, consign
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
v. zaslat; zrušit; postoupit co komu
n. působnost; pravomoc
| remit in French | remit in Italian | remit in Spanish | remit in Dutch | remit in Portuguese | remit in German | remit in Russian | remit in Japanese | remit in Greek | remit in Korean | remit in Turkish | remit in Hebrew | remit in Arabic | remit in Thai | remit in Polish | remit in Czech | remit in Catalan | remit in Croatian | remit in Serbian | remit in Albanian | remit in Urdu | remit in Bulgarian | remit in Danish | remit in Norwegian | remit in Romanian | remit in Swedish | remit in Farsi | remit in Macedonian | remit in Afrikaans | remit in Hindi | remit in Indonesian | remit in Vietnamese | remit in Mongolian | remit in Malay
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!