Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adj. proportionate, comparative; connected, associated; only gaining significance through a relationship to something else
n. family member, kinsman
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "relative", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Relative or Relatives may refer to:
- Kinship, the principle binding the most basic social units society. If two people are connected by circumstances of birth, they are said to be relatives
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. a person related by blood or marriage; "police are searching for relatives of the deceased"; "he has distant relations back in New Jersey"
(hypernym) person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, human, soul
(hyponym) ancestor, ascendant, ascendent, antecedent, root
(member-holonym) kin, kin group, kinship group, kindred, clan, tribe
2. an animal or plant that bears a relationship to another (as related by common descent or by membership in the same genus)
(synonym) congener, congenator
(hypernym) organism, being
1. not absolute or complete; "a relative stranger"
2. properly related in size or degree or other measurable characteristics; usually followed by `to'; "punishment oughtt to be proportional to the crime"; "earnings relative to production"
|Babylon German English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adj. relative, connected, associated, only gaining significance through a relationship to something else
|Babylon French English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adj. relative, comparative
| relative in French | relative in Italian | relative in Spanish | relative in Dutch | relative in Portuguese | relative in German | relative in Russian | relative in Japanese | relative in Greek | relative in Korean | relative in Turkish | relative in Hebrew | relative in Arabic | relative in Thai | relative in Polish | relative in Czech | relative in Catalan | relative in Croatian | relative in Serbian | relative in Albanian | relative in Urdu | relative in Bulgarian | relative in Danish | relative in Finnish | relative in Norwegian | relative in Romanian | relative in Swedish | relative in Farsi | relative in Macedonian | relative in Latin | relative in Esperanto | relative in Armenian | relative in Hindi | relative in Indonesian | relative in Vietnamese | relative in Mongolian | relative in Pashto | relative in Malay | relative in Filipino
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!