Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adj. back, hind
v. raise, bring up; erect, construct; raise, lift, elevate; rise onto the hind legs
n. back end; hindmost unit of an army (or fleet, etc.)
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "rear", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. the back of a military formation or procession; "infantrymen were in the rear"
(classification) military, armed forces, armed services, military machine, war machine
2. the side of an object that is opposite its front; "his room was toward the rear of the hotel"
(synonym) backside, back end
(antonym) front, front end, forepart
(hypernym) side, face
(hyponym) nape, scruff, nucha
3. the part of something that is furthest from the normal viewer; "he stood at the back of the stage"; "it was hidden in the rear of the store"
(hypernym) position, place
4. the fleshy part of the human body that you sit on; "he deserves a good kick in the butt"; "are you going to sit on your fanny and do nothing?"
(synonym) buttocks, nates, arse, butt, backside, bum, buns, can, fundament, hindquarters, hind end, keister, posterior, prat, rear end, rump, stern, seat, tail, tail end, tooshie, tush, bottom, behind, derriere, fanny, ass
(hypernym) body part
(part-holonym) torso, trunk, body
5. the side that goes last or is not normally seen; "he wrote the date on the back of the photograph"
(hyponym) stern, after part, quarter, poop, tail
1. stand up on the hind legs, of quadrupeds; "The horse reared in terror"
(synonym) rise up
(hyponym) rear back
2. bring up; "raise a family"; "bring up children"
(synonym) raise, bring up, nurture, parent
(cause) grow up
(derivation) raising, rearing, nurture
3. rise up; "The building rose before them"
(synonym) rise, lift
(hypernym) look, appear, seem
(hyponym) loom, tower, predominate, hulk
4. cause to rise up
(hypernym) raise, lift, elevate, get up, bring up
(hyponym) pitch, set up
5. construct, build, or erect; "Raise a barn"
(synonym) raise, erect, set up, put up
(hypernym) construct, build, make
(classification) construction, building
1. located in or toward the back or rear; "the chair's rear legs"; "the rear door of the plane"; "on the rearward side"
(synonym) rear(a), rearward(a)
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
v. vychovávat; chovat; vzpínat se; stavět se na zadní
n. zadní část; zadnice
|Babylon English-Polish||Download this dictionary|
Czas. wychowywać; hodować; stawać dęba
Rzecz. tył; tyłek; tylny
| rear in French | rear in Italian | rear in Spanish | rear in Dutch | rear in Portuguese | rear in German | rear in Russian | rear in Japanese | rear in Greek | rear in Korean | rear in Turkish | rear in Hebrew | rear in Arabic | rear in Thai | rear in Polish | rear in Czech | rear in Catalan | rear in Croatian | rear in Serbian | rear in Albanian | rear in Urdu | rear in Bulgarian | rear in Danish | rear in Norwegian | rear in Romanian | rear in Swedish | rear in Farsi | rear in Macedonian | rear in Afrikaans | rear in Latin | rear in Hindi | rear in Indonesian | rear in Vietnamese | rear in Pashto | rear in Malay | rear in Filipino
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!