Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adj. immense, extreme, huge (e.g. "Yesterday I had a raging headache")
v. be furiously angry, behave furiously, be irate
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "raging", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. characterized by violent and forceful activity or movement; very intense; "the fighting became hot and heavy"; "a hot engagement"; "a raging battle"; "the river became a raging torrent"
2. very severe; "a raging thirst"; "a raging toothache"
3. (of the elements) as if showing violent anger; "angry clouds on the horizon"; "furious winds"; "the raging sea"
(synonym) angry, furious, tempestuous, wild
1. a feeling of intense anger; "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"; "his face turned red with rage"
(synonym) fury, madness
(hypernym) anger, choler, ire
(derivation) ramp, storm
2. a state of extreme anger; "she fell into a rage and refused to answer"
(hypernym) anger, angriness
(derivation) ramp, storm
3. something that is desired intensely; "his rage for fame destroyed him"
4. violent state of the elements; "the sea hurled itself in thundering rage against the rocks"
5. an interest followed with exaggerated zeal; "he always follows the latest fads"; "it was all the rage that season"
(synonym) fad, craze, furor, furore, cult
1. behave violently, as if in state of a great anger
(synonym) ramp, storm
(hypernym) act, behave, do
2. be violent; as of fires and storms
3. feel intense anger; "Rage against the dying of the light!"
(hyponym) flip one's lid, blow up, throw a fit, hit the roof, hit the ceiling, have kittens, have a fit, combust, blow one's stack, fly off the handle, flip one's wig, lose one's temper, blow a fuse, go ballistic
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
příd.jm. silný; intenzivní
v. zuřit; zuřivě křičet
|Babylon English-Polish||Download this dictionary|
Przym. piekielny; cholerny
Czas. wściekać się; wpadać w furię; szaleć
| raging in French | raging in Italian | raging in Spanish | raging in Dutch | raging in Portuguese | raging in German | raging in Russian | raging in Japanese | raging in Greek | raging in Korean | raging in Turkish | raging in Hebrew | raging in Arabic | raging in Thai | raging in Polish | raging in Czech | raging in Catalan | raging in Croatian | raging in Serbian | raging in Albanian | raging in Urdu | raging in Bulgarian | raging in Danish | raging in Norwegian | raging in Romanian | raging in Swedish | raging in Farsi | raging in Macedonian | raging in Latin | raging in Hindi | raging in Indonesian | raging in Vietnamese | raging in Mongolian
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!