Free Online Dictionary
|THE Eng-Cro Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "portray", to help you become a better English speaker.
Free for individual usage/Besplatan za osobnu uporabu
|Farsi dictionary||Download this dictionary|
تصوير کشيدن ،توصيف کردن ،مجسم کردن
|Dizionario inglese-italiano 1.0.012||Download this dictionary|
RITRARRE. DIPINGERE. DESCRIVERE VIVIDAMENTE. RAPPRESENTARE SULLA SCENA
|MHM Advanced English > Persian (v. 90)||Download this dictionary|
[.v]: تصوير کشيدن ، توصيف کردن ، مجسم کردن
|hEnglish - advanced version||Download this dictionary|
\por*tray"\ (?), v. t. [written also pourtray.] [imp. & p. p. portrayed (&?;); p. pr. & vb. n. portraying.] [oe. pourtraien, of. portraire, pourtraire, f. portraire, fr. l. protrahere, protractum, to draw or drag forth; pro forward, forth + trahere to draw. see trace, v. t., and cf. protract.]
1. to paint or draw the likeness of; as, to portray a king on horseback. take a tile, and lay it before thee, and portray upon it the city, even jerusalem. iv. 1.
2. hence, figuratively, to describe in words.
3. to adorn with pictures. [r.] spear and helmets thronged, and shields various with boastful arguments potrayed.
1. portray in words; "the book portrays the actor as a selfish person"
2. make a portrait of: "showing society what it looked like..portraying..its ugliness and its beauties.." [syn: depict, limn]
3. assume or act the character of; "she impersonates madonna" [syn: impersonate]
4. represent in a painting, drawing, sculpture, or verbally; "the father is portrayed as a coward in this play" [syn: present]
| portray in English | portray in French | portray in Italian | portray in Spanish | portray in Dutch | portray in Portuguese | portray in German | portray in Russian | portray in Japanese | portray in Greek | portray in Korean | portray in Turkish | portray in Hebrew | portray in Arabic | portray in Thai | portray in Other Western-European languages | portray in Other Russian languages | portray in Polish | portray in Hungarian | portray in Czech | portray in Latvian | portray in Catalan | portray in Croatian | portray in Serbian | portray in Albanian | portray in Urdu | portray in Slovenian | portray in Bulgarian | portray in Danish | portray in Norwegian | portray in Romanian | portray in Swedish | portray in Ukrainian | portray in Farsi | portray in Macedonian | portray in Hindi
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!