Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
n. written character used in phonetic transcription representing a specific sound of speech
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "phonetic symbol", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Phonetic alphabet can mean:
- phonetic transcription system: a system for transcribing the precise sounds of human speech into writing.
- International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA): the most widespread such system
- : lists other phonetic transcription systems
- phonemic orthography: for representing the sounds of a particular language with a one-symbol-per-sound correspondence
- spelling alphabet: a set of words used instead of alphabetic letters in radio communication; each word stands for its initial letter
- ICAO spelling alphabet: the most widespread such set (Alfa, Bravo, Charlie,...)
- : lists other spelling alphabets
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. a written character used in phonetic transcription of represent a particular speech sound
(hypernym) character, grapheme, graphic symbol
(member-holonym) phonetic alphabet, sound alphabet
(part-holonym) phonetic transcription
| phonetic symbol in French | phonetic symbol in Spanish | phonetic symbol in Portuguese | phonetic symbol in German | phonetic symbol in Japanese | phonetic symbol in Greek | phonetic symbol in Turkish | phonetic symbol in Hebrew | phonetic symbol in Arabic | phonetic symbol in Thai | phonetic symbol in Polish | phonetic symbol in Danish
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!