Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
n. decorating via patterns, designing by using models or forms
v. decorate with a pattern; imitate, mimic; copy an example
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "patterning", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
A pattern is an original object used to make copies, or a set of repeating objects in a decorative design and in other disciplines. Pattern, Patterns, or Patterning may also refer to:
Mathematics, science, and technology
- Airfield traffic pattern, the traffic flow immediately surrounding a runway
- Design pattern, a formal way of documenting a solution to a design problem
- Pattern (architecture), an approach to defining interrelated architectural problems and solutions
- Pattern formation, a science dealing with outcomes of self-organisation
- Pattern language, a structured method of describing good design practices
- Pattern theory, a mathematical formalism to describe knowledge of the world as patterns
- Pedagogical patterns
- A regular expression, often called a pattern
- Software design pattern
- In machine learning, a non-null finite sequence of constant and variable symbols
- In ethnomethodology, a (generally non-rigid) routine
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. a perceptual structure; "the composition presents problems for students of musical form"; "a visual pattern must include not only objects but the spaces between them"
(synonym) form, shape
(part-holonym) percept, perception, perceptual experience
2. a customary way of operation or behavior; "it is their practice to give annual raises"; "they changed their dietary pattern"
3. a decorative or artistic work; "the coach had a design on the doors"
(synonym) design, figure
(hypernym) decoration, ornament, ornamentation
(hyponym) argyle, argyll
4. something regarded as a normative example; "the convention of not naming the main character"; "violence is the rule not the exception"; "his formula for impressing visitors"
(synonym) convention, normal, rule, formula
5. a model considered worthy of imitation; "the American constitution has provided a pattern for many republics"
(hypernym) exemplar, example, model, good example
6. something intended as a guide for making something else; "a blueprint for a house"; "a pattern for a skirt"
(synonym) blueprint, design
(hypernym) plan, program, programme
7. the path that is prescribed for an airplane that is preparing to land at an airport; "the traffic patterns around O'Hare are very crowded"; "they stayed in the pattern until the fog lifted"
(synonym) traffic pattern, approach pattern
(hypernym) path, route, itinerary
(part-meronym) approach path, approach, glide path, glide slope
8. graphical representation (in polar or cartesian coordinates) of the spatial distribution of radiation from an antenna as a function of angle
(synonym) radiation pattern, radiation diagram
(hypernym) graph, graphical record
1. plan or create according to a model or models
(hypernym) imitate, copy, simulate
2. form a pattern; "These sentences pattern like the ones we studied before"
(hypernym) match, fit, correspond, check, jibe, gibe, tally, agree
(derivation) traffic pattern, approach pattern
|Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)||Download this dictionary|
(p. pr. & vb. n.)
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913), edited by Noah Porter. About
|Integrated Circuit Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
creating an image in a photoresist layer. PC Board - Printed Circuit Board - an insulating board with patterned conductive layers on it. Components including ICs are soldered down to a PC board to build up complex electric circuits.
Copyright © 2000 - 2006 IC Knowledge LLC. All rights reserved.
| patterning in French | patterning in Italian | patterning in Spanish | patterning in Dutch | patterning in Portuguese | patterning in German | patterning in Russian | patterning in Japanese | patterning in Greek | patterning in Korean | patterning in Turkish | patterning in Hebrew | patterning in Arabic | patterning in Danish | patterning in Finnish | patterning in Norwegian | patterning in Swedish | patterning in Farsi | patterning in Macedonian | patterning in Hindi | patterning in Indonesian | patterning in Vietnamese
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!