Free Online Dictionary
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Motion to pass on
The motion to pass on is a dilatory parliamentary motion used in legislative procedure. It is distinct from the motion to table or to postpone to a certain time. The motion delays consideration of a matter for a later time without indicating prejudice with respect to it. According to Mason's Manual, matter passed on in this way remains subject to subsidiary motion. The motion to pass on is not subject to debate, but requires a majority vote.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "pass on", to help you become a better English speaker.
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|THE Eng-Cro Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
ići svojim putem
Free for individual usage/Besplatan za osobnu uporabu
|Farsi dictionary||Download this dictionary|
پيش رفتن ،در گذشتن ،رد کردن ،دست بدست دادن
|MHM Advanced English > Persian (v. 90)||Download this dictionary|
پيش رفتن ، در گذشتن ، رد کردن ، دست به دست دادن
|hEnglish - advanced version||Download this dictionary|
1. place into the hands or custody of; "turn the files over to me, please"; "he turned over the prisoner to his lawyers" [syn: pass, hand, reach, turn over, give]
2. tell or deposit (information) knowledge; "give a secret to the russians"; "leave your name and address here" [syn: impart, leave, give]
3. move forward, also in the metaphorical sense: "time marches on" [syn: advance, progress, move on, march on, go on ]
4. give to or transfer possession of; "i am passing on my genes to my children"
5. refer to another person for decision or judgment; "she likes to relegate difficult questions to her colleagues" [syn: relegate, submit]
6. cause to be distributed; "this letter is circulating among the faculty" [syn: circulate, pass around, distribute]
7. transmit information ; "please communicate this message to all employees" [syn: communicate, pass, put across]
| pass on in English | pass on in French | pass on in Italian | pass on in Spanish | pass on in Dutch | pass on in Portuguese | pass on in German | pass on in Russian | pass on in Japanese | pass on in Greek | pass on in Korean | pass on in Turkish | pass on in Hebrew | pass on in Arabic | pass on in Thai | pass on in Other Western-European languages | pass on in Other Russian languages | pass on in Polish | pass on in Hungarian | pass on in Catalan | pass on in Croatian | pass on in Serbian | pass on in Urdu | pass on in Romanian | pass on in Swedish | pass on in Farsi | pass on in Macedonian
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!