Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adj. strange; irregular; random; extra; single, without a match, mismatched, being unpaired; infrequent, sporadic, occasional; irregular, casual, temporary (Example: "Mary never had a real job, it seems she only worked at odd jobs"); approximately, around, about (Example: "I invited fifty-odd people to my engagement party")
adj. leaving a remainder of one when divided by two, not divisible by two (Mathematics)
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "odd", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Odd is an adjective denoting the quality of being unpaired, occasional, strange or unusual, or a person who is viewed as eccentric.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. not divisible by two
2. not easily explained; "it is odd that his name is never mentioned"
3. an indefinite quantity more than that specified; "invited 30-odd guests"
(classification) combining form
4. beyond or deviating from the usual or expected; "a curious hybrid accent"; "her speech has a funny twang"; "they have some funny ideas about war"; "had an odd name"; "the peculiar aromatic odor of cloves"; "something definitely queer about this town"; "what a rum fellow"; "singular behavior"
(synonym) curious, funny, peculiar, queer, rum, rummy, singular
(similar) strange, unusual
5. of the remaining member of a pair, of socks e.g.
(synonym) unmatched, unmated, unpaired
6. not used up; "leftover meatloaf"; "she had a little money left over so she went to a movie"; "some odd dollars left"; "saved the remaining sandwiches for supper"; "unexpended provisions"
(synonym) leftover, left over(p), left(p), remaining, unexpended
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
příd.jm. zvláštní; (po)divný; podivně znějící; lichý; příležitostný; zbylý; nepatřící k sobě; každou ponožku jinou; o něco více než; něco přes
|Babylon English-Polish||Download this dictionary|
Przym. dziwny; osobliwy; określa, w jaki sposób ktoś/coś jest dziwaczny/niezwykły; pozostały; przypadkowy; zbywający; nie do pary; pojedynczy; nieparzysty; ponad; z okładem
| odd in French | odd in Italian | odd in Spanish | odd in Dutch | odd in Portuguese | odd in German | odd in Russian | odd in Japanese | odd in Greek | odd in Korean | odd in Turkish | odd in Hebrew | odd in Arabic | odd in Thai | odd in Polish | odd in Czech | odd in Catalan | odd in Croatian | odd in Serbian | odd in Albanian | odd in Urdu | odd in Bulgarian | odd in Danish | odd in Finnish | odd in Norwegian | odd in Romanian | odd in Swedish | odd in Farsi | odd in Macedonian | odd in Afrikaans | odd in Hindi | odd in Indonesian | odd in Vietnamese | odd in Mongolian | odd in Pashto | odd in Malay | odd in Filipino
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!