Free Online Dictionary
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Obligate means "by necessity" (antonym facultative) and is used mainly in biology in phrases such as:
- Obligate aerobe, an organism that cannot survive without oxygen
- Obligate anaerobe, an organism that cannot survive in the presence of oxygen
- Obligate air-breather, a complex organism which obtains required oxygen directly from the atmosphere through respiration rather than extracting dissolved oxygen from water, as, for example, the South American lungfish
- Obligate carnivore, a true carnivore solely dependent for survival on the nutrients found in animal flesh.
- Obligate intracellular parasite, a parasitic microorganism that cannot reproduce without entering a suitable host cell
- Obligate parasite, a parasite that cannot reproduce without exploiting a suitable host
- Obligate photoperiodic plant, a plant requiring long or short nights before flowering
- Obligate symbionts, organisms which can only live together in a symbiosis
- Obligate hibernation, a state used by some mammals to survive conditions where food is scarce.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "obligate", to help you become a better English speaker.
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|THE Eng-Cro Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
Free for individual usage/Besplatan za osobnu uporabu
|Farsi dictionary||Download this dictionary|
در محظور قرار دادن ،متعهد و ملتزم کردن ،ضامن سپردن ،ضرورى
|Dizionario inglese-italiano 1.0.012||Download this dictionary|
|MHM Advanced English > Persian (v. 90)||Download this dictionary|
[.adj. & v]: در محظور قرار دادن ، متعهد و ملتزم کردن ، ضامن سپردن ، ضرورى
| obligate in English | obligate in French | obligate in Italian | obligate in Spanish | obligate in Dutch | obligate in Portuguese | obligate in German | obligate in Russian | obligate in Japanese | obligate in Greek | obligate in Korean | obligate in Turkish | obligate in Hebrew | obligate in Arabic | obligate in Thai | obligate in Other Russian languages | obligate in Polish | obligate in Hungarian | obligate in Latvian | obligate in Catalan | obligate in Croatian | obligate in Serbian | obligate in Urdu | obligate in Slovenian | obligate in Bulgarian | obligate in Danish | obligate in Norwegian | obligate in Romanian | obligate in Swedish | obligate in Ukrainian | obligate in Farsi | obligate in Macedonian
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!