Free Online Dictionary
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Nitrogen oxide can refer to a binary compound of oxygen and nitrogen, or a mixture of such compounds:
- Nitric oxide, also known as nitrogen monoxide, (NO), nitrogen(II) oxide
- Nitrogen dioxide (NO2), nitrogen(IV) oxide
- Nitrous oxide (N2O), nitrogen(-I,III) oxide
- Nitrosylazide (N4O), nitrogen(-I,0,I,II) oxide
- Nitrate radical (NO3), nitrogen(VI) oxide
- Dinitrogen trioxide (N2O3), nitrogen(II,IV) oxide
- Dinitrogen tetroxide (N2O4), nitrogen(IV) oxide
- Dinitrogen pentoxide (N2O5), nitrogen(V) oxide
- Trinitramide (N(NO2)3), nitrogen(III,V) oxide
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "nitrogen oxide", to help you become a better English speaker.
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. any of several oxides of nitrogen formed by the action of nitric acid on oxidizable materials; present in car exhausts
|EPA Terms of Environment Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
Nitrogen Oxide (NOx)
The result of photochemical reactions of nitric oxide in ambient air; major component of photochemical smog. Product of combustion from transportation and stationary sources and a major contributor to the formation of ozone in the troposphere and to acid deposition.
Provided as a public service by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
| nitrogen oxide in French | nitrogen oxide in Spanish | nitrogen oxide in Dutch | nitrogen oxide in Portuguese | nitrogen oxide in German | nitrogen oxide in Russian | nitrogen oxide in Turkish | nitrogen oxide in Hebrew | nitrogen oxide in Arabic | nitrogen oxide in Croatian | nitrogen oxide in Bulgarian | nitrogen oxide in Finnish | nitrogen oxide in Romanian | nitrogen oxide in Swedish
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!