Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adj. of or pertaining to a nation, of a country; of a land
n. citizen; subject of a country (especially referring to people living abroad who are entitled to protection from their native country)
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "national", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
National may refer to:
- Nation or country
- Vending machines made by the large manufacturer Crane Co.
- National (brand), the Japanese brand under which Matsushita products are sold (elsewhere they are sold under the Panasonic brand)
- National (Gymanfa Ganu), a Welsh festival in Wales, England and North America
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. a person who owes allegiance to that nation; "a monarch has a duty to his subjects"
(hypernym) person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, human, soul
(member-holonym) nation, land, country, a people
1. of or relating to or belonging to a nation or country; "national hero"; "national anthem"; "a national landmark"
(pertainym) state, nation, country, land, commonwealth, res publica, body politic
2. limited to or in the interests of a particular nation; "national interests"; "isolationism is a strictly national policy"
(similar) nationalist, nationalistic
3. concerned with or applicable to or belonging to an entire nation or country; "the national government"; "national elections"; "of national concern"; "the national highway system"; "national forests"
4. owned or maintained for the public by the national government; "national parks"
5. inside the country; "the British Home Office has broader responsibilities than the United States Department of the Interior"; "the nation's internal politics"
(synonym) home(a), interior(a), internal
6. characteristic of or peculiar to the people of a nation; "a national trait"
(pertainym) nation, land, country, a people
7. of or relating to nationality; "national origin"
|Babylon German English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adv. nationwide, throughout the country; nationally, affecting the whole nation
adj. national, of or pertaining to a nation, of a country, of a land
|Babylon French English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
nm. national, citizen; subject of a country (especially referring to people living abroad who are entitled to protection from their native country)
| national in French | national in Italian | national in Spanish | national in Dutch | national in Portuguese | national in German | national in Russian | national in Japanese | national in Greek | national in Korean | national in Turkish | national in Hebrew | national in Arabic | national in Thai | national in Polish | national in Czech | national in Catalan | national in Croatian | national in Serbian | national in Albanian | national in Urdu | national in Bulgarian | national in Danish | national in Finnish | national in Norwegian | national in Romanian | national in Swedish | national in Farsi | national in Macedonian | national in Afrikaans | national in Hindi | national in Indonesian | national in Vietnamese | national in Pashto | national in Malay | national in Filipino
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!