Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
v. hammer a nail; attach with a nail; shut up (a box, container, etc.) with nails; arrest, trap; catch in lie; focus in on, set firmly on; find; punch, hit (Slang); (Slang) have sex with (vulgar)
n. pin of steel, specially shaped little metal peg used in construction and carpentry; hard growth on the top surface of the ends of fingers and toes; ancient unit of measurement for cloth equal to 2 1/4 inches
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "nail", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Nail may refer to:
- Nail (anatomy), toughened keratin at the end of an animal digit
- Nail (beak), a plate of hard horny tissue at the tip of some bird beaks
- Nail (fastener), the pin-shaped fastener used in engineering, woodworking and construction
- Nail (relic), used in the crucifixion of Christ
- Nail (unit), an archaic multiplier equal to one sixteenth of a base unit
- The Nails, a 1970s band from Colorado
- Nail (album), an album by Scraping Foetus Off The Wheel
- Neurotics Anonymous International Liaison
- Nail, a Namekian in Dragon Ball
- Nails (film), a 1979 documentary film
- Stump (game), a drinking game played with a stump, nails, and a hammer.
- Wael, Nail is the Turkish spelling
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. horny plate covering and protecting part of the dorsal surface of the digits
(hypernym) horny structure, unguis
(part-holonym) integumentary system
(part-meronym) half-moon, lunula, lunule
2. a thin pointed piece of metal that is hammered into materials as a fastener
(hypernym) fastener, fastening, holdfast, fixing
3. a former unit of length for cloth equal to 1/16 of a yard
(hypernym) linear unit
1. attach something somewhere by means of nails; "nail the board onto the wall"
(see-also) pin down, peg down, nail down, narrow down, narrow, specify
2. take into custody; "the police nabbed the suspected criminals"
(synonym) collar, apprehend, arrest, pick up, nab, cop
(hypernym) seize, prehend, clutch
3. hit hard; "He smashed a 3-run homer"
(synonym) smash, boom, blast
4. succeed in obtaining a position; "He nailed down a spot at Harvard"
(synonym) nail down, peg
(hypernym) succeed, win, come through, bring home the bacon, deliver the goods
5. succeed at easily; "She sailed through her exams"; "You will pass with flying colors"; "She nailed her astrophysics course"
(synonym) breeze through, ace, pass with flying colors, sweep through, sail through
(hypernym) pass, make it
6. locate exactly; "can you pinpoint the position of the enemy?"; "The chemists could not nail the identity of the chromosome"
(hypernym) locate, turn up
7. complete a pass
(classification) football, football game
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
v. přibít; donutit koho (k vyjádření čeho)
n. nehet; hřeb(ík)
|Babylon English-Polish||Download this dictionary|
Czas. przybijać gwoździem
Rzecz. paznokieć; gwóźdź
| nail in French | nail in Italian | nail in Spanish | nail in Dutch | nail in Portuguese | nail in German | nail in Russian | nail in Japanese | nail in Greek | nail in Korean | nail in Turkish | nail in Hebrew | nail in Arabic | nail in Thai | nail in Polish | nail in Czech | nail in Catalan | nail in Croatian | nail in Serbian | nail in Albanian | nail in Urdu | nail in Bulgarian | nail in Danish | nail in Finnish | nail in Norwegian | nail in Romanian | nail in Swedish | nail in Farsi | nail in Macedonian | nail in Afrikaans | nail in Hindi | nail in Indonesian | nail in Vietnamese | nail in Pashto | nail in Malay | nail in Filipino
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!