Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adj. ethical; virtuous; righteous; principled; conforming to accepted standards; having integrity
n. ethic; moralistic lesson; lesson; moralistic principle
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "moral", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. the significance of a story or event; "the moral of the story is to love thy neighbor"
(hypernym) meaning, significance, signification, import
1. relating to principles of right and wrong; i.e. to morals or ethics; "moral philosophy"
(pertainym) ethical motive, ethics, morals, morality
2. concerned with principles of right and wrong or conforming to standards of behavior and character based on those principles; "moral sense"; "a moral scrutiny"; "a moral lesson"; "a moral quandary"; "moral convictions"; "a moral life"
3. adhering to ethical and moral principles; "it seems ethical and right"; "followed the only honorable course of action"; "had the moral courage to stand alone"
(synonym) ethical, honorable, honourable
4. arising from the sense of right and wrong; "a moral obligation"
5. psychological rather than physical or tangible in effect; "a moral victory"; "moral support"
6. based on strong likelihood or firm conviction rather than actual evidence; "a moral certainty"
(similar) near, close
|Babylon German English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
nf. ethics, set of moral principles or values; morality, integrity, chastity, conformity to accepted rules of conduct; morale, spirit
|Babylon French English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adj. moral, ethic, ethical
nm. morale, spirit
| moral in French | moral in Italian | moral in Spanish | moral in Dutch | moral in Portuguese | moral in German | moral in Russian | moral in Japanese | moral in Greek | moral in Korean | moral in Turkish | moral in Hebrew | moral in Arabic | moral in Thai | moral in Polish | moral in Hungarian | moral in Czech | moral in Catalan | moral in Croatian | moral in Serbian | moral in Albanian | moral in Urdu | moral in Bulgarian | moral in Danish | moral in Finnish | moral in Norwegian | moral in Romanian | moral in Swedish | moral in Farsi | moral in Macedonian | moral in Afrikaans | moral in Hindi | moral in Indonesian | moral in Vietnamese | moral in Mongolian | moral in Pashto | moral in Malay | moral in Filipino
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!