Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adj. sharp; biting, pungent; clever, perceptive, astute; strong, intense; eager, enthusiastic; wonderful, amazing (Slang)
v. lament, mourn, wail
n. wailing mournful sound, lamentation (especially for the dead)
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "keen", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
KeeN is a band born in Sulmona, Italy, in February 2003. KeeN are influenced by several industrial metal bands like Rammstein, The Kovenant and Marilyn Manson (whose tour "Against all Gods tour" was opened by KeeN in 2005), and metal bands like Metallica, but the KeeN sound is a personal mix of melodies, aggressiveness, involving rhythms and electronic samplings; a result of the union of the different musical skills and interests of each member of the band.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
Keen may refer to:
- Alan Keen (1937–2011), British politician
- Andrew Keen (born circa 1960), British-American entrepreneur and author
- Ann Keen (born 1948), British politician
- Arthur Keen (businessman) (1835–1915), British entrepreneur
- Arthur Keen (aviator) (1895–1918), British World War I flying ace
- Diane Keen (born 1946), English actress.
- Geoffrey Keen (1916–2005), English actor
- Harold Keen (1894–1973), British engineer
- Helen Keen, English comedian
- Jessica Keen (1975–1991), American murder victim
- John "Speedy" Keene (1945–2002), or John Keen, British musician
- John Keen (cyclist) (1849–1902), British cyclist
- Malcolm Keen (1887–1970), British actor
- Maurice Keen (born 1933), British historian
- Richard Keen (born 1954), Scottish lawyer
- Robert Earl Keen (born1956), American guitarist
- Sam Keen, American author, professor and philosopher
- Simon Keen (born 1987), Australian cricketer
- Steve Keen (born 1953), Australian economist
- Keen Johnson (1896–1970), American politician
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. a funeral lament sung with loud wailing
(hypernym) dirge, coronach, lament, requiem, threnody
(classification) Ireland, Hibernia, Emerald Isle
1. express grief verbally; "we lamented the death of the child"
(hypernym) express emotion, express feelings
(entail) grieve, sorrow
1. having or demonstrating ability to recognize or draw fine distinctions; "an acute observer of politics and politicians"; "incisive comments"; "icy knifelike reasoning"; "as sharp and incisive as the stroke of a fang"; "penetrating insight"; "frequent penetrative observations"
(synonym) acute, discriminating, incisive, knifelike, penetrating, penetrative, piercing, sharp
2. intense or sharp; "suffered exquisite pain"; "felt exquisite pleasure"
3. very penetrating and clear and sharp in operation; "an incisive mind"; "a keen intelligence"; "of sharp and active intellect"
(synonym) incisive, sharp
4. very good; "he did a bully job"; "a neat sports car"; "had a great time at the party"; "you look simply smashing"
(synonym) bang-up, bully, corking, cracking, dandy, great, groovy, neat, nifty, not bad(p), peachy, slap-up, swell, smashing
5. as physically painful as if caused by a sharp instrument; "a cutting wind"; "keen winds"; "knifelike cold"; "piercing knifelike pains"; "piercing cold"; "piercing criticism"; "a stabbing pain"; "lancinating pain"
(synonym) cutting, knifelike, piercing, stabbing, lancinate, lancinating
6. having a sharp cutting edge or point; "a keen blade"
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
příd.jm. bystrý; jemný; nadšený
|Babylon English-Polish||Download this dictionary|
Przym. zapalony (do czegoś); chętny; wrażliwy; czuły; bardzo zainteresowany kimś/czymś
| keen in French | keen in Italian | keen in Spanish | keen in Dutch | keen in Portuguese | keen in German | keen in Russian | keen in Japanese | keen in Greek | keen in Korean | keen in Turkish | keen in Hebrew | keen in Arabic | keen in Thai | keen in Polish | keen in Czech | keen in Catalan | keen in Croatian | keen in Serbian | keen in Albanian | keen in Urdu | keen in Bulgarian | keen in Danish | keen in Finnish | keen in Norwegian | keen in Romanian | keen in Swedish | keen in Farsi | keen in Macedonian | keen in Afrikaans | keen in Latin | keen in Hindi | keen in Indonesian | keen in Vietnamese | keen in Malay | keen in Filipino
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!