Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
n. point where two roads cross, junction; crossing, convergence
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "intersection", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Intersection has various meanings in different contexts:
- In mathematics and geometry
- Intersection (set theory), the set of elements common to some collection of sets.
- Intersection matrix of the dimensionally extended nine-intersection model (DE-9IM).
- Line-line intersection
- Line-plane intersection
- Line–sphere intersection
- Intersection of a polyhedron with a line
- Line segment intersection
- Intersection theory (mathematics)
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. a point where lines intersect
(synonym) intersection point, point of intersection
(hyponym) metacenter, metacentre
2. a junction where one street or road crosses another
(synonym) crossroad, crossway, crossing, carrefour
(hyponym) corner, street corner, turning point
(part-holonym) road, route
3. a point or set of points common to two or more geometric configurations
4. the set of elements common to two or more sets; "the set of red hats is the intersection of the set of hats and the set of red things"
(synonym) product, cartesian product
5. a representation of common ground between theories or phenomena; "there was no overlap between their proposals"
(synonym) overlap, convergence
(hypernym) representation, mental representation, internal representation
6. the act of intersecting (as joining by causing your path to intersect your target's path)
(hypernym) joining, connection, connexion
(derivation) intersect, cross
|Babylon French English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
nf. intersection, point where two roads cross
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
n. křižovatka; průsečík
| intersection in French | intersection in Italian | intersection in Spanish | intersection in Dutch | intersection in Portuguese | intersection in German | intersection in Russian | intersection in Japanese | intersection in Greek | intersection in Korean | intersection in Turkish | intersection in Hebrew | intersection in Arabic | intersection in Thai | intersection in Polish | intersection in Czech | intersection in Catalan | intersection in Croatian | intersection in Serbian | intersection in Albanian | intersection in Urdu | intersection in Bulgarian | intersection in Danish | intersection in Norwegian | intersection in Romanian | intersection in Swedish | intersection in Farsi | intersection in Macedonian | intersection in Armenian | intersection in Hindi | intersection in Indonesian | intersection in Vietnamese | intersection in Mongolian | intersection in Pashto | intersection in Malay
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!