Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adj. of or pertaining to the mind or intellect, mental, rational; highly intelligent, brilliant; devoted to mental or intellectual pursuits, academic
n. highly intelligent person; person engaged in intellectual pursuits, academic
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "intellectual", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
An intellectual is a person who primarily uses intelligence in either a professional or an individual capacity. As a substantive or adjective, it refers to the work product of such persons, to the so-called "life of the mind" generally, or to an aspect of something where learning, erudition, and informed and critical thinking are the focus, as in "the intellectual level of the discourse on the matter was not high".
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. a person who uses the mind creatively
(hypernym) person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, human, soul
1. of or relating to the intellect; "his intellectual career"
(pertainym) mind, intellect
2. of or associated with or requiring the use of the mind; "intellectual problems"; "the triumph of the rational over the animal side of man"
(synonym) rational, noetic
3. appealing to or using the intellect; "satire is an intellectual weapon"; "intellectual workers engaged in creative literary or artistic or scientific labor"; "has tremendous intellectual sympathy for oppressed people"; "coldly intellectual"; "sort of the intellectual type"; "intellectual literature"
(similar) highbrow, highbrowed
(attribute) mind, intellect
4. involving intelligence rather than emotions or instinct; "a cerebral approach to the problem"; "cerebral drama"
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
příd.jm. rozumový; intelektuální
|Babylon English-Polish||Download this dictionary|
Przym. umysłowy; intelektualny
Rzecz. intelektualista, intelektualistka; inteligent, inteligentka
| intellectual in French | intellectual in Italian | intellectual in Spanish | intellectual in Dutch | intellectual in Portuguese | intellectual in German | intellectual in Russian | intellectual in Japanese | intellectual in Greek | intellectual in Korean | intellectual in Turkish | intellectual in Hebrew | intellectual in Arabic | intellectual in Thai | intellectual in Polish | intellectual in Czech | intellectual in Catalan | intellectual in Croatian | intellectual in Serbian | intellectual in Albanian | intellectual in Urdu | intellectual in Bulgarian | intellectual in Danish | intellectual in Finnish | intellectual in Norwegian | intellectual in Romanian | intellectual in Swedish | intellectual in Farsi | intellectual in Macedonian | intellectual in Hindi | intellectual in Indonesian | intellectual in Vietnamese | intellectual in Pashto | intellectual in Malay
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!