Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
v. seal or close off with a material which blocks or retards the passage of heat (or electricity, sound, etc.); isolate, separate from others, segregate
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "insulate", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
- Building insulation, added to buildings for comfort and energy efficiency
- Soundproofing, also known as acoustic insulation, any means of reducing the intensity of sound
- Thermal insulation, materials used to reduce the rate of heat transfer
- Electrical insulation, the use of material to resist the flow of electric current and magnetism
- Insulated glass (energy saving)
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. protect from heat, cold, noise, etc. by surrounding with insulating material; "We had his bedroom insulated before winter came"
(hypernym) change, alter, modify
(derivation) insulating material, insulant, insulation
2. place or set apart; "They isolated the political prisoners from the other inmates"
(hypernym) discriminate, separate, single out
(derivation) insulation, insularity, insularism, detachment
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
v. izolovat; chránit
|Babylon English-Polish||Download this dictionary|
Czas. izolować; uszcelniać
| insulate in French | insulate in Italian | insulate in Spanish | insulate in Dutch | insulate in Portuguese | insulate in German | insulate in Russian | insulate in Japanese | insulate in Greek | insulate in Korean | insulate in Turkish | insulate in Hebrew | insulate in Arabic | insulate in Thai | insulate in Polish | insulate in Czech | insulate in Catalan | insulate in Croatian | insulate in Serbian | insulate in Albanian | insulate in Urdu | insulate in Bulgarian | insulate in Danish | insulate in Finnish | insulate in Norwegian | insulate in Romanian | insulate in Swedish | insulate in Farsi | insulate in Macedonian | insulate in Hindi | insulate in Indonesian | insulate in Vietnamese | insulate in Mongolian | insulate in Malay
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!