Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adj. pertaining to an island; living or located on an island; isolated; narrow-minded
n. resident of an island, islander
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "insular", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Insular may also refer to:
- Adjective describing an island.
- Insular, the term used for Criollo people in the Philippines during the Spanish colonial period.
- Insular area of the United States.
- Insular art, the style of art produced in the post-Roman history of the British Isles.
- insular cortex, a part of the cerebral cortex.
- Insular dwarfism, a form of phyletic dwarfism.
- Insular period (disambiguation), historical term.
- Insular script, a medieval script system originally used in Ireland.
- Those who are inward-looking and parochial.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. relating to or characteristic of or situated on an island; "insular territories"; "Hawaii's insular culture"
2. suggestive of the isolated life of an island; "an exceedingly insular man; so deeply private as to seem inaccessible to the scrutiny of a novelist"- Leonard Michaels
3. narrowly restricted in outlook or scope; "little sympathy with parocial mentality"; "insular attitudes toward foreigners"
|Babylon German English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adj. insular, pertaining to an island; living or located on an island; isolated
|Babylon Spanish English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
n. insulation, separation, isolation; closing or sealing off
adj. insular, pertaining to an island; isolated
| insular in French | insular in Italian | insular in Spanish | insular in Dutch | insular in Portuguese | insular in German | insular in Russian | insular in Japanese | insular in Greek | insular in Korean | insular in Turkish | insular in Hebrew | insular in Arabic | insular in Thai | insular in Polish | insular in Czech | insular in Catalan | insular in Croatian | insular in Serbian | insular in Urdu | insular in Bulgarian | insular in Danish | insular in Norwegian | insular in Romanian | insular in Swedish | insular in Farsi | insular in Hindi | insular in Indonesian | insular in Vietnamese | insular in Malay
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!