Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
v. hit or strike with a hammer; forcefully persuade, argue strongly; defeat, beat (in competition, battle, etc.)
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "hammered", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. shaped or worked with a hammer and often showing hammer marks; "a bowl of hammered brass"
(participle) forge, hammer
1. the part of a gunlock that strikes the percussion cap when the trigger is pulled
(part-holonym) gunlock, firing mechanism
2. a hand tool with a heavy rigid head and a handle; used to deliver an impulsive force by striking
(hypernym) hand tool
(hyponym) ball-peen hammer
3. an athletic competition in which a heavy metal ball that is attached to a flexible wire is hurled as far as possible
(synonym) hammer throw
(hypernym) field event
4. the ossicle attached to the eardrum
(hypernym) auditory ossicle
(part-holonym) middle ear, tympanic cavity, tympanum
5. a heavy metal sphere attached to a flexible wire; used in the hammer throw
(hypernym) sports equipment, sporting goods
6. a striker that is covered in felt and that causes the piano strings to vibrate
(part-holonym) piano action
7. a power tool for drilling rocks
(synonym) power hammer
(hypernym) power tool
(hyponym) air hammer, jackhammer, pneumatic hammer
8. the act of pounding (delivering repeated heavy blows); "the sudden hammer of fists caught him off guard"; "the pounding of feet on the hallway"
(synonym) pound, hammering, pounding
1. beat with or as if with a hammer; "hammer the metal flat"
(hyponym) sledgehammer, sledge
2. create by hammering; "hammer the silver into a bowl"; "forge a pair of tongues"
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
v. zatlouct; zabušit; vtloukat co komu do hlavy; vypotit co
|Babylon English-Polish||Download this dictionary|
Czas. uderzać młotem; stukać; walić; łomotać; wbijać komuś coś do głowy; wypracowywać; kuć
| hammered in French | hammered in Italian | hammered in Spanish | hammered in Dutch | hammered in Portuguese | hammered in German | hammered in Russian | hammered in Japanese | hammered in Greek | hammered in Korean | hammered in Turkish | hammered in Hebrew | hammered in Arabic | hammered in Thai | hammered in Polish | hammered in Czech | hammered in Catalan | hammered in Albanian | hammered in Urdu | hammered in Bulgarian | hammered in Danish | hammered in Finnish | hammered in Norwegian | hammered in Swedish | hammered in Farsi | hammered in Macedonian | hammered in Indonesian | hammered in Vietnamese
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!