Free Online Dictionary
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Friction is the force resisting the relative motion of solid surfaces, fluid layers, and material elements sliding against each other. There are several types of friction:
- Dry friction resists relative lateral motion of two solid surfaces in contact. Dry friction is subdivided into static friction between non-moving surfaces, and kinetic friction between moving surfaces.
- Fluid friction describes the friction between layers within a viscous fluid that are moving relative to each other.
- Lubricated friction is a case of fluid friction where a fluid separates two solid surfaces.
- Skin friction is a component of drag, the force resisting the motion of a solid body through a fluid.
- Internal friction is the force resisting motion between the elements making up a solid material while it undergoes deformation.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "friction angle", to help you become a better English speaker.
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|Glosarium Pusat Bahasa Depdiknas Indonesia||Download this dictionary|
| friction angle in English | friction angle in Hebrew | friction angle in Indonesian
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!