Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adj. bare, naked, without covering or protection, vulnerable
v. reveal, uncover, disclose; abandon
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "exposed", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Expose, exposé, or exposed may refer to:
- Exposé (journalism), a form of investigative journalism
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. with no protection or shield; "the exposed northeast frontier"; "open to the weather"; "an open wound"
2. not covered with clothing; "her exposed breast"
1. the exposure of an impostor or a fraud; "he published an expose of the graft and corruption in city government"
(derivation) disclose, let on, bring out, reveal, discover, divulge, impart, break, give away, let out
1. expose or make accessible to some action or influence; "Expose your students to art"; "expose the blanket to sunshine"
2. make known to the public information that was previously known only to a few people or that was meant to be kept a secret; "The auction house would not disclose the price at which the van Gogh had sold"; "The actress won't reveal how old she is"; "bring out the truth"; "he broke the news to her"
(synonym) disclose, let on, bring out, reveal, discover, divulge, impart, break, give away, let out
(cause) break, get out, get around
(verb-group) break, get out, get around
3. to show, make visible or apparent; "The Metropolitan Museum is exhibiting Goya's works this month"; "Why don't you show your nice legs and wear shorter skirts?"; "National leaders will have to display the highest skills of statesmanship"
(synonym) exhibit, display
4. remove all or part of one's clothes to show one's body; "uncover your belly"; "The man exposed himself in the subway"
(hyponym) unwrap, undo
5. disclose to view as by removing a cover; "The curtain rose to disclose a stunning set"
(hypernym) uncover, bring out, unveil, reveal
6. put in a dangerous, disadvantageous, or difficult position
(synonym) queer, scupper, endanger, peril
(hypernym) affect, impact, bear upon, bear on, touch on, touch
(derivation) vulnerability, exposure
7. expose to light, of photographic film
(classification) photography, picture taking
8. expose while ridiculing; especially of pretentious or false claims and ideas; "The physicist debunked the psychic's claims"
(hypernym) ridicule, roast, guy, blackguard, laugh at, jest at, rib, make fun, poke fun
(hyponym) unmask, uncloak
9. abandon by leaving out in the open air; "The infant was exposed by the teenage mother"; "After Christmas, many pets get abandoned"
(hypernym) abandon, forsake, desolate, desert
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
příd.jm. nechráněný; otevřený
v. odhalit; exponovat; vystavit koho/co čemu; vystavit koho čemu/vlivu čeho
|Babylon English-Polish||Download this dictionary|
Przym. odkryty; wystawiony na działanie czynników zewnętrznych
Czas. wystawiać; odsłaniać; wyjawiać; demaskować; narażać; sprawiać, że ktoś ma kontakt z czymś; prześwietlać; zostało napromieniowanych; miałem kontakt z nim
| exposed in French | exposed in Italian | exposed in Spanish | exposed in Dutch | exposed in Portuguese | exposed in German | exposed in Russian | exposed in Japanese | exposed in Greek | exposed in Korean | exposed in Turkish | exposed in Hebrew | exposed in Arabic | exposed in Thai | exposed in Polish | exposed in Hungarian | exposed in Czech | exposed in Catalan | exposed in Croatian | exposed in Serbian | exposed in Albanian | exposed in Urdu | exposed in Bulgarian | exposed in Danish | exposed in Finnish | exposed in Norwegian | exposed in Romanian | exposed in Swedish | exposed in Farsi | exposed in Macedonian | exposed in Latin | exposed in Hindi | exposed in Indonesian
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!