Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adj. famous, renowned, prominent; outstanding, conspicuous; high; protruding
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "eminent", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Eminent may refer to:
- High in station, rank, or repute; prominent; distinguished: eminent statesmen.
- Eminent domain, the power of a state to acquire private property without the owner's consent
- Eminent Technology, an American manufacturer of audio equipment
- Eminent NV, a Dutch manufacturer of electronic organs
- Eminent Europe, a Dutch manufacturer of consumer electronics, domotics and computer accessories.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. (used of persons) standing above others in character or attainment or reputation; "our distinguished professor"; "an eminent scholar"; "a great statesman"
(synonym) distinguished, great
(similar) important, of import
2. standing above others in quality or position; "people in high places"; "the high priest"; "eminent members of the community"
3. having achieved eminence; "an eminent physician"
4. of imposing height; especially standing out above others; "an eminent peak"; "lofty mountains"; "the soaring spires of the cathedral"; "towering iceburgs"
(synonym) lofty, soaring, towering
|Babylon French English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adj. eminent, outstanding, great; notable; elevated, learned
|Babylon Dutch English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adj. eminent, famous, renowned, prominent
| eminent in French | eminent in Italian | eminent in Spanish | eminent in Dutch | eminent in Portuguese | eminent in German | eminent in Russian | eminent in Japanese | eminent in Greek | eminent in Korean | eminent in Turkish | eminent in Hebrew | eminent in Arabic | eminent in Thai | eminent in Polish | eminent in Czech | eminent in Catalan | eminent in Croatian | eminent in Serbian | eminent in Albanian | eminent in Urdu | eminent in Bulgarian | eminent in Danish | eminent in Finnish | eminent in Norwegian | eminent in Romanian | eminent in Swedish | eminent in Farsi | eminent in Macedonian | eminent in Afrikaans | eminent in Latin | eminent in Hindi | eminent in Indonesian | eminent in Vietnamese | eminent in Pashto | eminent in Malay
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!