Free Online Dictionary
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Dress-up is a game played mainly by children. It involves dressing up, usually to impersonate someone or something, like an animal or character in a fairy tale. The type of clothes they dress up in often resembles who they are trying to be, either adults' clothing or special play clothes designed specifically for dress-up like feather boas and jewelry.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "dress up", to help you become a better English speaker.
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|Wikipedia Nederlands De vrije encyclopedie||Download this dictionary|
Een verkleedkist is letterlijk een kist voor het verzamelen en opbergen van verkleedkleren, maar staat figuurlijk voor verkleden, een spel van kinderen. Er zijn verschillende feestdagen waarop het gebruikelijk is dat kinderen, en soms ook volwassenen, zich verkleden, zoals carnaval, halloween, poeriem en vastenavond. Prinsessejurken en cowboykleren komen in veel verkleedkisten voor.
|Zie meer op Wikipedia.org...|
Dit artikel maakt gebruik van materiaal uit Wikipedia® en valt onder de GNU Vrije Documentatie Licentie
|THE Eng-Cro Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
Free for individual usage/Besplatan za osobnu uporabu
|hEnglish - advanced version||Download this dictionary|
1. put on special clothes to appear particularly appealing and attractive; "she never dresses up, even when she goes to the opera"; "the young girls were all fancied up for the party" [syn: fig out, fig up, deck up, gussy up, fancy up, trick up, deck out, trick out, prink, attire, get up, rig out, tog up, tog out, overdress]
[ant: dress down]
2. make something appear superficially attractive; "the researcher tried to dress up the uninteresting data"; "don't try to dress up the unpleasant truth" [syn: window-dress]
3. put a caparison on; of horses [syn: caparison, bard]
4. dress in a costume; "we dressed up for halloween as pumpkins" [syn: costume]
5. dress in a certain manner; "she dresses in the latest paris fashion": "he dressed up in a suit and tie" [syn: dress]
|Babylon English-Turkish||Download this dictionary|
giydirip süslemek, süslemek, şık giyinmek, süslenmek
| dress up in English | dress up in French | dress up in Italian | dress up in Spanish | dress up in Dutch | dress up in Portuguese | dress up in German | dress up in Russian | dress up in Japanese | dress up in Greek | dress up in Korean | dress up in Turkish | dress up in Hebrew | dress up in Arabic | dress up in Thai | dress up in Other Western-European languages | dress up in Other Russian languages | dress up in Polish | dress up in Czech | dress up in Catalan | dress up in Croatian | dress up in Danish | dress up in Romanian | dress up in Swedish | dress up in Farsi | dress up in Macedonian
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!