Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adj. fragile, easily broken; sensitive
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "delicate", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. exquisitely fine and subtle and pleasing; susceptible to injury; "a delicate violin passage"; "delicate china"; "a delicate flavor"; "the delicate wing of a butterfly"
(similar) dainty, exquisite
2. marked by great skill especially in meticulous technique; "a surgeon's delicate touch"
3. easily broken or damaged or destroyed; "a kite too delicate to fly safely"; "fragile porcelain plates"; "fragile old bones"; "a frail craft"
(synonym) fragile, frail
4. easily hurt; "soft hands"; "a baby's delicate skin"
(similar) tender, untoughened
5. developed with extreme delicacy and subtlety; "the satire touches with finespun ridicule every kind of human pretense"
6. difficult to handle; requiring great tact; "delicate negotiations with the big powers"; "hesitates to be explicit on so ticklish a matter"
(similar) difficult, hard
7. of an instrument or device; capable of registering minute differences or changes precisely; "almost undetectable with even the most delicate instruments"
|Babylon French English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adj. delicate, fine, dainty, flimsy, tender, fragile, tricky; sensitive, tactful, fastidious, awkward, elfin, frothy, gingerly; lovely, nice, loving; pernickety, prickly, squeamish, ticklish, touchy, considerate
|Babylon Italian English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adj. delicate, gentle, fine, maidenly, dainty; tender, soft; subtle; sensitive, sore, touchy
| delicate in French | delicate in Italian | delicate in Spanish | delicate in Dutch | delicate in Portuguese | delicate in German | delicate in Russian | delicate in Japanese | delicate in Greek | delicate in Korean | delicate in Turkish | delicate in Hebrew | delicate in Arabic | delicate in Thai | delicate in Polish | delicate in Czech | delicate in Catalan | delicate in Croatian | delicate in Serbian | delicate in Albanian | delicate in Urdu | delicate in Bulgarian | delicate in Danish | delicate in Norwegian | delicate in Romanian | delicate in Swedish | delicate in Farsi | delicate in Macedonian | delicate in Afrikaans | delicate in Latin | delicate in Hindi | delicate in Indonesian | delicate in Vietnamese | delicate in Mongolian | delicate in Pashto | delicate in Malay | delicate in Filipino
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!