Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
n. ingredient, single piece which forms part of a larger whole; part, constituent
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "component", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Component may refer to:
UsageComponent may refer to:
- System components, the constituents of a system
- Electronic components, the constituents of electronic circuits
- Component ingredient, the main ingredient in a dish
- Component video, a type of analog video information that is transmitted or stored as two or more separate signals
- Symmetrical components, in electrical engineering, analysis of unbalanced three-phase power systems
- Component-based software engineering, a field of study within software engineering dealing with software components, reusable software elements with a specification
- Component (UML), definition of component in the Unified Modeling Language
- Component (thermodynamics), a chemically independent constituent of a phase of a system
- Lumped component, a model of spatially distributed systems
- Component (VTA), a light-rail station in San Jose, California
- Software component, part of the starting platform for service orientation throughout software engineering
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. an abstract part of something; "jealousy was a component of his character"; "two constituents of a musical composition are melody and harmony"; "the grammatical elements of a sentence"; "a key factor in her success"; "humor: an effective ingredient of a speech"
(synonym) constituent, element, factor, ingredient
(hypernym) part, section, division
2. something determined in relation to something that includes it; "he wanted to feel a part of something bigger than himself"; "I read a portion of the manuscript"; "the smaller component is hard to reach"
(synonym) part, portion, component part
(hyponym) language unit, linguistic unit
(part-holonym) meronymy, part to whole relation
3. an artifact that is one of the individual parts of which a composite entity is made up; especially a part that can be separated from or attached to a system; "spare components for cars"; "a component or constituent element of a system"
(synonym) constituent, element
(hypernym) part, portion
(hyponym) accessory, appurtenance, supplement, add-on
|Babylon Dutch English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
n. component, ingredient, single piece which forms part of a larger whole; part, constituent
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
n. součástka; jednotlivé součástky
| component in French | component in Italian | component in Spanish | component in Dutch | component in Portuguese | component in German | component in Russian | component in Japanese | component in Greek | component in Korean | component in Turkish | component in Hebrew | component in Arabic | component in Thai | component in Polish | component in Hungarian | component in Czech | component in Catalan | component in Croatian | component in Serbian | component in Albanian | component in Urdu | component in Bulgarian | component in Danish | component in Finnish | component in Norwegian | component in Romanian | component in Swedish | component in Farsi | component in Macedonian | component in Latin | component in Hindi | component in Indonesian | component in Vietnamese | component in Mongolian | component in Malay
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!