Free Online Dictionary
|THE Eng-Cro Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "bespeak", to help you become a better English speaker.
Free for individual usage/Besplatan za osobnu uporabu
|Farsi dictionary||Download this dictionary|
قبلا درباره چيزى صحبت کردن ،ازپيش سفارش دادن ،حاکى بودن از
|Dizionario inglese-italiano 1.0.012||Download this dictionary|
PRENOTARE. ORDINARE. RISERVARE. RIVELARE. ESSERE INDIZIO DI. FAR PRESAGIRE. ESSERE UN SEGNO PREMONITORE DI. PROMETTERE
|MHM Advanced English > Persian (v. 90)||Download this dictionary|
[.v]: قبلا در باره چيزى صحبت کردن ، ازپيش سفارش دادن ، حاکى بودن از
|hEnglish - advanced version||Download this dictionary|
\be*speak"\ (&?;), v. t. [imp. bespoke (&?;), bespake (archaic); p. p. bespoke, bespoken (&?;); p. pr. & vb. n. bespeaking.] [oe. bispeken, as. besprecan, to speak to, accuse; pref. be- + sprecan to speak. see speak.]
1. to speak or arrange for beforehand; to order or engage against a future time; as, to bespeak goods, a right, or a favor. concluding, naturally, that to gratify his avarice was to bespeak his favor. w. scott.
2. to show beforehand; to foretell; to indicate. [they] bespoke dangers in order to scare the allies.
3. to betoken; to show; to indicate by external marks or appearances. when the abbot of st. martin was born, he had so little the figure of a man that it bespoke him rather a monster.
4. to speak to; to address. [poetic] he thus the queen bespoke.
\be*speak"\, v. i. to speak. [obs.]
\be*speak"\, n. a bespeaking. among actors, a benefit (when a particular play is bespoken.) "the night of her bespeak."
1. be a signal for or a symptom of; "these symptoms indicate a serious illness"; "her behavior points to a severe neurosis"; "the economic indicators signal that the euro is undervalued" [syn: betoken, indicate, point, signal]
2. express the need or desire for; ask for; "she requested an extra bed in her room"; "she called for room service" [syn: request, call for, quest]
| bespeak in English | bespeak in French | bespeak in Italian | bespeak in Spanish | bespeak in Dutch | bespeak in Portuguese | bespeak in German | bespeak in Russian | bespeak in Japanese | bespeak in Greek | bespeak in Korean | bespeak in Turkish | bespeak in Hebrew | bespeak in Arabic | bespeak in Thai | bespeak in Other Western-European languages | bespeak in Other Russian languages | bespeak in Polish | bespeak in Hungarian | bespeak in Czech | bespeak in Latvian | bespeak in Catalan | bespeak in Croatian | bespeak in Serbian | bespeak in Albanian | bespeak in Urdu | bespeak in Slovenian | bespeak in Bulgarian | bespeak in Danish | bespeak in Norwegian | bespeak in Romanian | bespeak in Swedish | bespeak in Ukrainian | bespeak in Farsi | bespeak in Macedonian
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!