Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
v. certify, testify; confirm
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "attest", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Attestation may refer to:
- Attestation clause, verification of a document
- Various police oaths in the United Kingdom
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. provide evidence for; stand as proof of; show by one's behavior, attitude, or external attributes; "His high fever attested to his illness"; "The buildings in Rome manifest a high level of architectural sophistication"; "This decision demonstrates his sense of fairness"
(synonym) certify, manifest, demonstrate, evidence
(hypernym) testify, bear witness, prove, evidence, show
2. authenticate, affirm to be true, genuine, or correct, as in an official capacity; "I attest this signature"
(hypernym) affirm, verify, assert, avow, aver, swan, swear
3. give testimony in a court of law
(synonym) testify, take the stand, bear witness
(classification) law, jurisprudence
4. establish or verify the usage of; "This word is not attested until 1993"
(verb-group) certify, manifest, demonstrate, evidence
|Babylon German English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
nm. medical certificate, document from a medical practitioner certifying illness
|Babylon Dutch English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
n. certificate, testimony, statement under oath
| attest in French | attest in Italian | attest in Spanish | attest in Dutch | attest in Portuguese | attest in German | attest in Russian | attest in Japanese | attest in Greek | attest in Korean | attest in Turkish | attest in Hebrew | attest in Arabic | attest in Thai | attest in Polish | attest in Czech | attest in Lithuanian | attest in Catalan | attest in Croatian | attest in Serbian | attest in Albanian | attest in Urdu | attest in Bulgarian | attest in Danish | attest in Finnish | attest in Norwegian | attest in Romanian | attest in Swedish | attest in Farsi | attest in Macedonian | attest in Hindi | attest in Indonesian | attest in Vietnamese | attest in Mongolian | attest in Malay
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!