Free Online Dictionary
|THE Eng-Cro Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "ascertain", to help you become a better English speaker.
Free for individual usage/Besplatan za osobnu uporabu
|Farsi dictionary||Download this dictionary|
معلوم کردن ،ثابت کردن ،معين کردن
|Dizionario inglese-italiano 1.0.012||Download this dictionary|
ACCERTARE. ACCERTARSI DI. CONSTATARE. APPURARE. ASSICURARSI DI
|MHM Advanced English > Persian (v. 90)||Download this dictionary|
[.v]: معلوم کردن ، ثابت کردن ، معين کردن
|hEnglish - advanced version||Download this dictionary|
\as`cer*tain"\ (&?;), v. t. [imp. & p. p. ascertained (&?;); p. pr. & vb. n. ascertaining.] [of. acertener; a (l. ad) + certain. see certain.]
1. to render (a person) certain; to cause to feel certain; to make confident; to assure; to apprise. [obs.] when the blessed virgin was so ascertained. taylor. muncer assured them that the design was approved of by heaven, and that the almighty had in a dream ascertained him of its effects.
2. to make (a thing) certain to the mind; to free from obscurity, doubt, or change; to make sure of; to fix; to determine. [archaic] the divine law ascertaineth the truth. the very deferring [of his execution] shall increase and ascertain the condemnation. taylor. the ministry, in order to ascertain a majority persuaded the queen to create twelve new peers. the mildness and precision of their laws ascertained the rule and measure of taxation.
3. to find out or learn for a certainty, by trial, examination, or experiment; to get to know; as, to ascertain the weight of a commodity, or the purity of a metal. he was there only for the purpose of ascertaining whether a descent on england was practicable.
1. after a calculation, investigation, experiment, survey, or study; "find the product of two numbers"; "the physicist who found the elusive particle won the nobel prize" [syn: determine, find, find out]
2. be careful or certain to do something; make certain of something; "he verified that the valves were closed"; "see that the curtains are closed"; "control the quality of the product" [syn: see, check, insure, see to it, ensure, control, assure]
3. find out, learn, or determine with certainty, usually by making an inquiry or other effort; "i want to see whether she speaks french"; "see whether it works"; "find out if he speaks russian"; "check whether the train leaves on time" [syn: determine, check, find out, see, watch, learn]
4. learn or discover with certainty
| ascertain in English | ascertain in French | ascertain in Italian | ascertain in Spanish | ascertain in Dutch | ascertain in Portuguese | ascertain in German | ascertain in Russian | ascertain in Japanese | ascertain in Greek | ascertain in Korean | ascertain in Turkish | ascertain in Hebrew | ascertain in Arabic | ascertain in Thai | ascertain in Other Western-European languages | ascertain in Other Russian languages | ascertain in Polish | ascertain in Hungarian | ascertain in Czech | ascertain in Latvian | ascertain in Catalan | ascertain in Croatian | ascertain in Serbian | ascertain in Albanian | ascertain in Urdu | ascertain in Slovenian | ascertain in Bulgarian | ascertain in Danish | ascertain in Finnish | ascertain in Norwegian | ascertain in Romanian | ascertain in Swedish | ascertain in Ukrainian | ascertain in Farsi | ascertain in Macedonian | ascertain in Latin | ascertain in Hindi
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!