Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
n. weapons, firearms
n. part of the body between the shoulder and the hand
v. equip with weapons; be equipped with weapons
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "arms", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Arms or ARMS may refer to:
- Arm or arms, the upper limbs of the body
- "Arms" (song), a song by Christina Perri from the album lovestrong
- ARMS (band), an American indie rock band formed in 2004
- Armaments or arms, weapons
- Coat of arms
- In this sense, "arms" is a common element in pub names
- ARMS Charity Concert
- ARMS Corporation, a Japanese anime and manga studio
- TRIN (finance) or Arms Index, a short-term stock trading index
- Amherst Regional Middle School
- Australian Relief & Mercy Services, a part of Youth with a Mission
- Amplification Refractory Mutation System
- Alveolar rhabdomyosarcoma, a form of cancer
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
Wild Arms (series)
The series, also known by the title Wild ARMs, is a collection of Western-themed role-playing video games and related media developed by Japanese software company Media.Vision. Since the launch of the original Wild Arms title in 1996, the series has gone on to encompass several media, including toys, manga, mobile phone applications, and a 22-episode anime. Wild Arms remains noteworthy in the computer and video game industry as being one of the few role-playing series to adopt an American Old West motif. Characters, settings, and music within the series contain visual and audio cues to American westerns, as well as traditional fantasy and science fiction elements.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. weapons considered collectively
(synonym) weaponry, implements of war, weapons system, munition
(hypernym) instrumentality, instrumentation
(hyponym) ammunition, ammo
(part-meronym) weapon, arm, weapon system
2. the official symbols of a family, state, etc.
(synonym) coat of arms, blazon, blazonry
1. a human limb; technically the part of the superior limb between the shoulder and the elbow but commonly used to refer to the whole superior limb
(part-holonym) body, organic structure, physical structure
(part-meronym) brachial artery, arteria brachialis
2. any instrument or instrumentality used in fighting or hunting; "he was licensed to carry a weapon"
(synonym) weapon, weapon system
(part-holonym) weaponry, arms, implements of war, weapons system, munition
3. an administrative division of some larger or more complex organization; "a branch of Congress"
(synonym) branch, subdivision
(hyponym) post office, local post office
4. any projection that is thought to resemble an arm; "the arm of the record player"; "an arm of the sea"; "a branch of the sewer"
(synonym) branch, limb
5. the part of an armchair or sofa that supports the elbow and forearm of a seated person
(hyponym) writing arm
6. the part of a garment that is attached at armhole and provides a cloth covering for the arm
(hypernym) cloth covering
(hyponym) dolman sleeve
(part-meronym) cuff, turnup
1. prepare oneself for a military confrontation; "The U.S. is girding for a conflict in the Middle East"; "troops are building up on the Iraqui border"
(synonym) build up, fortify, gird
(antonym) disarm, demilitarize, demilitarise
(hyponym) rearm, re-arm
(derivation) armor, armour
2. supply with arms; "The U.S. armed the freedom fighters in Afghanistan"
(hypernym) supply, provide, render, furnish
|Babylon German English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
nm. arm, part of the body between the shoulder and the hand; poor, poverty-stricken people
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
n. zbraně, zbraň
n. paže; ruka; rukáv; opěradlo; zavěšený do druhého; zkřížit/složit ruce na prsou
v. ozbrojit (se)archa Noemova
| arms in French | arms in Italian | arms in Spanish | arms in Dutch | arms in Portuguese | arms in German | arms in Russian | arms in Japanese | arms in Greek | arms in Korean | arms in Turkish | arms in Hebrew | arms in Arabic | arms in Thai | arms in Polish | arms in Czech | arms in Catalan | arms in Croatian | arms in Serbian | arms in Albanian | arms in Urdu | arms in Danish | arms in Norwegian | arms in Romanian | arms in Swedish | arms in Farsi | arms in Macedonian | arms in Latin | arms in Hindi | arms in Indonesian | arms in Pashto | arms in Filipino
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!