Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
n. region; geographical region of boundary having no set limits; domain; sphere, area of activity or interest, field; surface area, physical size of a 2-dimensional surface contained within a border; branch of studies; section of a house or structure that has a certain particular function or characteristic (E.g.: "The spacious bathroom area has plenty of room for installing a jacuzzi"); section of the cerebral cortex that has a specific function (Anatomy)
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "area", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Area is a quantity that expresses the extent of a two-dimensional surface or shape in the plane. Area can be understood as the amount of material with a given thickness that would be necessary to fashion a model of the shape, or the amount of paint necessary to cover the surface with a single coat. It is the two-dimensional analog of the length of a curve (a one-dimensional concept) or the volume of a solid (a three-dimensional concept).
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. a particular geographical region of indefinite boundary (usually serving some special purpose or distinguished by its people or culture or geography); "it was a mountainous area"; "Bible country"
2. a particular environment or walk of life; "his social sphere is limited"; "it was a closed area of employment"; "he's out of my orbit"
(synonym) sphere, domain, orbit, field, arena
3. a subject of study; "it was his area of specialization"; "areas of interest include..."
(hypernym) topic, subject, issue, matter
(hyponym) gray area, grey area
4. a part of a structure having some specific characteristic or function; "the spacious cooking area provided plenty of room for servants"
(hypernym) structure, construction
5. a part of an animal that has a special function or is supplied by a given artery or nerve; "in the abdominal region"
(hypernym) body part
(hyponym) erogenous zone
6. the extent of a 2-dimensional surface enclosed within a boundary; "the area of a rectangle"; "it was about 500 square feet in area"
(synonym) expanse, surface area
(hyponym) acreage, land area
|Babylon Italian English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
nf. area; domain; region
|Babylon Spanish English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
| area in French | area in Italian | area in Spanish | area in Dutch | area in Portuguese | area in German | area in Russian | area in Japanese | area in Greek | area in Korean | area in Turkish | area in Hebrew | area in Arabic | area in Thai | area in Polish | area in Hungarian | area in Czech | area in Latvian | area in Catalan | area in Croatian | area in Serbian | area in Albanian | area in Urdu | area in Bulgarian | area in Danish | area in Finnish | area in Norwegian | area in Romanian | area in Swedish | area in Farsi | area in Macedonian | area in Afrikaans | area in Latin | area in Armenian | area in Hindi | area in Indonesian | area in Vietnamese | area in Pashto | area in Malay | area in Filipino
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!