Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adj. abnormal, irregular, unusual, exceptional
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "anomalous", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Anomaly may refer to:
Astronomy and celestial mechanics
- In astronomy, an anomaly is a quantity measured with respect to an apsis, usually the periapsis
- Eccentric anomaly, an intermediate value used to compute the position of a celestial object as a function of time
- Flyby anomaly, an unexpected energy increase during the flybys of the Earth by various satellites
- Mean anomaly, a measure of time in the study of orbital dynamics
- Pioneer anomaly, the observed deviation of the trajectories of some unmanned space probes, and especially Pioneer 10 and Pioneer 11
- South Atlantic Anomaly, the region in outer space where the Earth's inner van Allen radiation belt makes its closest approach to the surface of this planet
- True anomaly, the angle between the direction of periapsis and the current position of an object on its orbit
- Anomalous precession, another term for "apsidal precession"
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. deviating from the general or common order or type; "advanced forms of life may be anomalous in the universe"
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
|Babylon English-Polish||Download this dictionary|
Przym. nieprawidłowy; odbiegający od normy
| anomalous in French | anomalous in Italian | anomalous in Spanish | anomalous in Dutch | anomalous in Portuguese | anomalous in German | anomalous in Russian | anomalous in Japanese | anomalous in Greek | anomalous in Korean | anomalous in Turkish | anomalous in Hebrew | anomalous in Arabic | anomalous in Thai | anomalous in Polish | anomalous in Czech | anomalous in Catalan | anomalous in Croatian | anomalous in Serbian | anomalous in Albanian | anomalous in Urdu | anomalous in Bulgarian | anomalous in Danish | anomalous in Finnish | anomalous in Norwegian | anomalous in Romanian | anomalous in Swedish | anomalous in Farsi | anomalous in Macedonian | anomalous in Hindi | anomalous in Indonesian | anomalous in Vietnamese | anomalous in Malay
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!