Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
n. fitting, adapting; tuning, putting in working order; modifying, altering
v. modify; adapt; tune; fit, install; arrange; settle
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "adjusting", to help you become a better English speaker.
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. alter or regulate so as to achieve accuracy or conform to a standard; "Adjust the clock, please"; "correct the alignment of the front wheels"
(synonym) set, correct
(hypernym) change, alter, modify
(derivation) adjustment, registration, readjustment
2. place in a line or arrange so as to be parallel or straight; "align the car with the curb"; "align the sheets of paper on the table"
(synonym) align, aline, line up
3. adapt or conform oneself to new or different conditions; "We must adjust to the bad economic situation"
(synonym) conform, adapt
(hyponym) readjust, readapt
(derivation) adaptation, adjustment
4. make correspondent or conformable; "Adjust your eyes to the darkness"
(hypernym) adapt, accommodate
(derivation) alteration, modification, adjustment
5. decide how much is to be paid on an insurance claim
(hypernym) decide, settle, resolve, adjudicate
(derivation) allowance, adjustment
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
v. přizpůsobit; upravit (si); nastavit
|Babylon English-Polish||Download this dictionary|
Czas. dostosowywać; regulować; przystosowywać się; przyzwyczajać się
|Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)||Download this dictionary|
(p. pr. & vb. n.)
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913), edited by Noah Porter. About
| adjusting in French | adjusting in Italian | adjusting in Spanish | adjusting in Dutch | adjusting in Portuguese | adjusting in German | adjusting in Russian | adjusting in Japanese | adjusting in Greek | adjusting in Korean | adjusting in Turkish | adjusting in Hebrew | adjusting in Arabic | adjusting in Polish | adjusting in Czech | adjusting in Catalan | adjusting in Croatian | adjusting in Albanian | adjusting in Bulgarian | adjusting in Danish | adjusting in Norwegian | adjusting in Romanian | adjusting in Swedish | adjusting in Farsi | adjusting in Macedonian | adjusting in Indonesian | adjusting in Vietnamese
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!