Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adj. scraped, having the skin scraped off
v. wear off; wear down by rubbing or scraping; rub against an object; strike against an object
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "abraded", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Abrasion may refer to:
- Abrasion (medical), a wound consisting of superficial damage to the skin
- Abrasion (dental), the loss of tooth structure by mechanical forces from a foreign element
- Abrasion (geology), mechanical scraping of a surface by friction between and moving particles
- Abrasion (mechanical), The effect of an abrasive: scratches, removal of surface , etc
- Abrasion coast, a coastline that is characterised by the removal (abrasion) of material, typically resulting in sea cliffs.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. having the skin scraped off; "skinned knees and scraped elbows"
(synonym) scraped, skinned
1. wear away
(synonym) corrade, abrase, rub down, rub off
(hypernym) wear away, wear off
(hyponym) chafe, excoriate
(derivation) abrasion, scratch, scrape, excoriation
2. rub hard or scrub; "scour the counter tops"
(derivation) abrader, abradant
3. strike against an object; "She stubbed her one's toe in the dark and now it's broken"
(synonym) stub, scrape, skin
(hypernym) injure, wound
|Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913)||Download this dictionary|
(imp. & p. p.)
Webster's Revised Unabridged Dictionary (1913), edited by Noah Porter. About
|Dizionario inglese-italiano 1.0.012||Download this dictionary|
RASCHIATO. ESCORIATO. SCORTICATO. CORROSO. LOGORATO
| abraded in French | abraded in Italian | abraded in Spanish | abraded in Dutch | abraded in Portuguese | abraded in German | abraded in Russian | abraded in Japanese | abraded in Greek | abraded in Korean | abraded in Turkish | abraded in Hebrew | abraded in Arabic | abraded in Catalan | abraded in Albanian | abraded in Danish | abraded in Norwegian | abraded in Swedish | abraded in Farsi | abraded in Indonesian
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!