Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
n. number 0, quantity of none, null; lowest point possible; (USA & Canada) person who is considered as a total failure
v. turn to zero, nullify, adjust, regulate
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "Zeroes", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
0 (zero; BrE: , or AmE: , ) is both a number and the numerical digit used to represent that number in numerals. It fulfills a central role in mathematics as the additive identity of the integers, real numbers, and many other algebraic structures. As a digit, 0 is used as a placeholder in place value systems. In the English language, 0 may be called zero, nought or (US) naught , nil, or "o" . Informal or slang terms for zero include zilch and zip. Ought or aught have also been used historically. (See Names for the number 0 in English)
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. a quantity of no importance; "it looked like nothing I had ever seen before"; "reduced to nil all the work we had done"; "we racked up a pathetic goose egg"; "it was all for naught"; "I didn't hear zilch about it"
(synonym) nothing, nil, nix, nada, null, aught, cipher, cypher, goose egg, naught, zilch, zip
(hypernym) relative quantity
2. a mathematical element that when added to another number yields the same number
(synonym) 0, nought, cipher, cypher
(hypernym) digit, figure
3. the quantity that registers a reading of zero on a scale
(synonym) zero point
(hypernym) numerical quantity
1. adjust (an instrument or device) to zero value
(hypernym) adjust, set, correct
(derivation) nothing, nil, nix, nada, null, aught, cipher, cypher, goose egg, naught, zilch, zip
2. adjust (as by firing under test conditions) the zero of (a gun); "He zeroed in his rifle at 200 yards"
(synonym) zero in
(hypernym) adjust, set, correct
1. indicating the absence of any or all units under consideration; "a zero score"
2. indicating an initial point or origin
3. of or relating to the null set (a set with no members)
(pertainym) null set
4. having no measurable or otherwise determinable value; "the goal is zero population growth"
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
n. zero, 0; nula
v. nula; nic; nulový
|Babylon English-Polish||Download this dictionary|
| Zeroes in French | Zeroes in Italian | Zeroes in Spanish | Zeroes in Dutch | Zeroes in Portuguese | Zeroes in German | Zeroes in Russian | Zeroes in Japanese | Zeroes in Greek | Zeroes in Korean | Zeroes in Turkish | Zeroes in Hebrew | Zeroes in Arabic | Zeroes in Polish | Zeroes in Hungarian | Zeroes in Czech | Zeroes in Latvian | Zeroes in Catalan | Zeroes in Albanian | Zeroes in Bulgarian | Zeroes in Danish | Zeroes in Finnish | Zeroes in Norwegian | Zeroes in Swedish | Zeroes in Farsi
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!