Free Online Dictionary
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
The Yamaha YMF262, also known as the OPL3 (OPL is an acronym for FM Operator Type-L), is an FM synthesis sound chip. It is an improved version of the Yamaha YM3812 (OPL2), adding the following features:
- twice as many channels (18 instead of 9)
- simple stereo (hard left, center or hard right)
- 4 channel sound output
- 4 new waveforms (alternating-sine, "camel"-sine, square and logarithmic sawtooth)
- 4 oscillator mode, pairing 2 channels together to create up to six 4 oscillator FM voices
- reduced latency for host-register access (the OPL2 had much longer I/O access delays)
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "Yamaha YMF262", to help you become a better English speaker.
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
| Yamaha YMF262 in Spanish | Yamaha YMF262 in Russian
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!