Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
mountain near Capetown (South Africa)
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "Table Mountain", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Table Mountain (Afrikaans: Tafelberg) is a flat-topped mountain forming a prominent landmark overlooking the city of Cape Town in South Africa, and is featured in the Flag of Cape Town and other local government insignia. It is a significant tourist attraction, with many visitors using the cableway or hiking to the top. The mountain forms part of the Table Mountain National Park.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
Table Mountain (disambiguation)
A table mountain is a large table (landform) or mesa hence the name of numerous mountains around the world:
- Table Mountain is a large flat-topped mountain overlooking Cape Town, South Africa.
- The Table or Table Mountain, British Columbia, Canada
- Table Mountains, Poland and the Czech Republic
- Table Mountain, County Wicklow, Ireland
- Crug Hywel or Table Mountain, Wales, UK
- Table Mountain (Butte County, California), U.S.
- Table Mountain (Kings County, California), U.S.
- Table Mountain (Tulare County, California), U.S.
- Table Mountain (Tuolumne County, California), U.S.
- Table Mountain (New York), in the Catskills, U.S.
- Table Mountain (Skamania County, Washington), U.S.
- Table Mountain (Wyoming), U.S.
- Table Rock (North Carolina), or Table Rock Mountain, U.S.
- Table Mountain (Newfoundland and Labrador), Canada, near the southwest tip of the island of Newfoundland
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|Encyclopedia Mythica Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
[Folklore] As the story goes Jan van Hunks, a Dutch pirate in the early 18th century, retired from his eventful life at sea to live on the slopes of Devil's Peak, South Africa. To escape from his wife's sharp tongue he often walked up the mountain where he settled down to smoke his pipe. One day a mysterious stranger approached him and asked the retired pirate to borrow some tobacco. After a bit of bragging, a smoking contest ensued, with the winner's prize a shipful of gold. After several days, Van Hunks finally defeated the stranger, who unfortunately turned out to be the devil. Suddenly, thunder rolled, the clouds closed in and Van Hunks disappeared, leaving behind only a scorched patch of ground. Legend has it that the cloud of tobacco smoke they left became the "table-cloth" - the famous white cloud that spills over Table Mountain when the south-easter blows in summer. When that happens, it is said that Van Hunks and the Devil are at it again.
|Babylon English-Norwegian||Download this dictionary|
Table Mountain, fjell nær Cape Town (Sør-Afrika)
|Babylon English-Danish||Download this dictionary|
Table Mountain, bjerg i nærheden af Capetown (Sydafrika)
| Table Mountain in French | Table Mountain in Italian | Table Mountain in Spanish | Table Mountain in Dutch | Table Mountain in Portuguese | Table Mountain in German | Table Mountain in Japanese | Table Mountain in Turkish | Table Mountain in Hebrew | Table Mountain in Arabic | Table Mountain in Czech | Table Mountain in Danish | Table Mountain in Finnish | Table Mountain in Norwegian | Table Mountain in Romanian | Table Mountain in Swedish
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!