Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
v. press on, compress; extract by pressure; hug; compact, cram; blackmail, extort
n. act of squeezing; hug; handshake; amount extracted by squeezing; sweetheart (Slang)
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "Squeeze", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. the act of gripping and pressing firmly; "he gave her cheek a playful squeeze"
(hypernym) compression, compressing
(hyponym) pinch, tweak
(derivation) pinch, twinge, tweet, nip, twitch
2. a state in which there is a short supply of cash to lend to businesses and consumers and interest rates are high
(synonym) credit crunch, liquidity crisis
(hypernym) financial condition, economic condition
3. a situation in which increased costs cannot be passed on to the customer; "increased expenses put a squeeze on profits"
(hypernym) loss, red ink, red
4. (slang) a person's girlfriend or boyfriend; "she was his main squeeze"
(classification) cant, jargon, slang, lingo, argot, patois, vernacular
5. a twisting squeeze; "gave the wet cloth a wring"
(hypernym) movement, motion
(derivation) squash, crush, squelch, mash
6. an aggressive attempt to compel acquiescence by the concentration or manipulation of power
(synonym) power play, squeeze play
(hypernym) attempt, effort, endeavor, endeavour, try
(derivation) extort, rack, gouge, wring
7. a tight or amorous embrace; "come here and give me a big hug"
(synonym) hug, clinch
(hypernym) embrace, embracing
8. the act of forcing yourself (or being forced) into or through a restricted space; "getting through that small opening was a tight squeeze"
1. to compress with violence, out of natural shape or condition; "crush an aluminum can"; "squeeze a lemon"
(synonym) squash, crush, squelch, mash
2. press firmly; "He squeezed my hand"
(see-also) extrude, squeeze out
3. squeeze like a wedge into a tight space; "I squeezed myself into the corner"
(synonym) wedge, force
(hypernym) move, displace
4. to cause to do through pressure or necessity, by physical, moral or intellectual means :"She forced him to take a job in the city"; "He squeezed her for information"
(synonym) coerce, hale, pressure, force
(hypernym) compel, oblige, obligate
(hyponym) turn up the heat, turn up the pressure
(cause) act, move
(derivation) power play, squeeze play
5. obtain by coercion or intimidation; "They extorted money from the executive by threatening to reveal his past to the company boss"; "They squeezed money from the owner of the business by threatening him"
(synonym) extort, rack, gouge, wring
(hypernym) overcharge, soak, surcharge, gazump, fleece, plume, pluck, rob, hook
(derivation) power play, squeeze play
6. press or force; "Stuff money into an envelope"; "She thrust the letter into his hand"
(synonym) thrust, stuff, shove
(hypernym) push, force
7. squeeze tightly between the fingers; "He pinched her behind"; "She squeezed the bottle"
(synonym) pinch, twinge, tweet, nip, twitch
8. hug, usually with fondness; "Hug me, please"; "They embraced"
(synonym) embrace, hug, bosom
9. squeeze or press together; "she compressed her lips"; "the spasm contracted the muscle"
(synonym) compress, constrict, compact, contract, press
(hyponym) choke, strangle
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
v. mačkat; stisknout; ždímat; namačkat (se); protáhnout se
n. stisk; šťáva z vymačkaného citronu, pomeranče atd.; tlačenice; tíseň
|Babylon English-Polish||Download this dictionary|
Czas. ściskać, wyciskać, zgniatać; przeciskać (się), wciskać (się)
Rzecz. uścisk; parę wyciśniętych kropli; ścisk, tłok
| Squeeze in French | Squeeze in Italian | Squeeze in Spanish | Squeeze in Dutch | Squeeze in Portuguese | Squeeze in German | Squeeze in Russian | Squeeze in Japanese | Squeeze in Greek | Squeeze in Korean | Squeeze in Turkish | Squeeze in Hebrew | Squeeze in Arabic | Squeeze in Thai | Squeeze in Polish | Squeeze in Czech | Squeeze in Latvian | Squeeze in Catalan | Squeeze in Croatian | Squeeze in Serbian | Squeeze in Albanian | Squeeze in Urdu | Squeeze in Bulgarian | Squeeze in Danish | Squeeze in Finnish | Squeeze in Norwegian | Squeeze in Romanian | Squeeze in Swedish | Squeeze in Farsi | Squeeze in Macedonian | Squeeze in Afrikaans | Squeeze in Latin | Squeeze in Hindi | Squeeze in Indonesian | Squeeze in Vietnamese | Squeeze in Mongolian | Squeeze in Pashto | Squeeze in Malay
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!