Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adj. having skin of a particular type (i.e. dark-skinned)
v. remove skin; peel, remove a rind; abrade, scratch, scrape; be scratched, be scraped; swindle, cheat, bilk of money or property (Slang)
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "Skinned", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Skinned is a young adult science fiction novel by Robin Wasserman, first published in 2008. It is the first book of the Skinned trilogy and was followed by Crashed and Wired.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. having the skin scraped off; "skinned knees and scraped elbows"
(synonym) abraded, scraped
1. a natural protective covering of the body; site of the sense of touch; "your skin is the largest organ of your body"
(synonym) tegument, cutis
(hypernym) connective tissue
(part-holonym) integumentary system
(part-meronym) epidermis, cuticle
2. the tissue forming the hard outer layer (of e.g. a fruit)
(synonym) rind, peel
(hypernym) plant tissue
3. an outer surface (usually thin); "the skin of an airplane"
4. body covering of a living animal
(synonym) hide, pelt
(hypernym) body covering
5. a person's skin regarded as their life; "he tried to save his skin"
(hypernym) animation, life, living, aliveness
6. the rind of a fruit or vegetable
(part-holonym) edible fruit
(derivation) peel, pare
7. a bag serving as a container for liquids; it is made from the skin of an animal
(hyponym) waterskin, water skin
1. climb awkwardly, as if by scrambling
(synonym) clamber, scramble, shin, shinny, struggle, sputter
2. bruise, cut, or injure the skin or the surface of; "The boy skinned his knee when he fell"
(hypernym) injure, wound
(derivation) hide, pelt
3. remove the bark of a tree
(derivation) rind, peel
4. strip the skin off; "pare apples"
(synonym) peel, pare
(hyponym) peel off
5. strike against an object; "She stubbed her one's toe in the dark and now it's broken"
(synonym) stub, scrape, abrade
(hypernym) injure, wound
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
v. oloupat; stáhnout kůži
|Babylon English-Polish||Download this dictionary|
Przym. określa cechę skóry
Czas. obdzierać ze skóry
| Skinned in French | Skinned in Italian | Skinned in Spanish | Skinned in Dutch | Skinned in Portuguese | Skinned in German | Skinned in Russian | Skinned in Japanese | Skinned in Greek | Skinned in Korean | Skinned in Turkish | Skinned in Hebrew | Skinned in Arabic | Skinned in Thai | Skinned in Polish | Skinned in Czech | Skinned in Catalan | Skinned in Croatian | Skinned in Albanian | Skinned in Urdu | Skinned in Danish | Skinned in Norwegian | Skinned in Romanian | Skinned in Swedish | Skinned in Farsi | Skinned in Macedonian | Skinned in Indonesian | Skinned in Vietnamese
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!