Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
QA (Quality Assurance)
department in a company that ensures that the products or services are provided in accordance with quality standards
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "QA", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
QA may stand for:
- Qatar, ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 country code
- .qa, the country code top level domain (ccTLD) for Qatar
- Quality assurance, the process or set of processes used to measure and assure the quality of a product
- Quantitative analysis, the application of quantitative techniques such as statistics and stochastics in various areas of data analysis (e.g. finance)
- Qantas, the national airline of Australia
- Question answering, a type of information retrieval
- quantitative analysis (chemistry), the measurements of quantities of substances produced in reactions rather than simply noting the nature of the reactions
- Qualitative inorganic analysis, when shortened to qualitative analysis, can be abbreviated to QA
- Qatar Academy, an International Baccalaureate school in Doha, Qatar
- Qa (Cyrillic), a character used in the Kurdish alphabet
- QA (robot), a two-wheeled balancing telepresence robot developed by Anybots
- ATCvet code QA Alimentary tract and metabolism, a section of the Anatomical Therapeutic Chemical Classification System for veterinary medicinal products
- "Qa-1", a form of alloantigen
- Queen Alexandra Hospital, the largest hospital serving the city of Portsmouth.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|Telecommunication Standard Terms Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
Abbreviation for quality assurance.
quality assurance (QA)
1. All actions taken to ensure that standards and procedures are adhered to and that delivered products or services meet performance requirements. (188 ) 2. The planned systematic activities necessary to ensure that a component, module, or system conforms to established technical requirements. 3. The policy, procedures, and systematic actions established in an enterprise for the purpose of providing and maintaining a specified degree of confidence in data integrity and accuracy throughout the lifecycle of the data, which includes input, update, manipulation, and output.
|ISO Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
Quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC)
Two terms that have many interpretations because of the multiple definitions for the words "assurance" and "control." For example, "assurance" can mean the act of giving confidence, the state of being certain or the act of making certain; "control" can mean an evaluation to indicate needed corrective responses, the act of guiding or the state of a process in which the variability is attributable to a constant system of chance causes. (For a detailed discussion on the multiple definitions, see ANSI/ISO/ASQ A3534-2, Statistics--Vocabulary and Symbols--Statistical Quality Control.) One definition of quality assurance is: all the planned and systematic activities implemented within the quality system that can be demonstrated to provide confidence a product or service will fulfill requirements for quality. One definition for quality control is: the operational techniques and activities used to fulfill requirements for quality. Often, however, "quality assurance" and "quality control" are used interchangeably, referring to the actions performed to ensure the quality of a product, service or process.
|European Defence Agency Acronyms||Download this dictionary|
| QA in French | QA in Italian | QA in Spanish | QA in Dutch | QA in Portuguese | QA in German | QA in Russian | QA in Japanese | QA in Greek | QA in Korean | QA in Turkish | QA in Hebrew | QA in Arabic | QA in Polish | QA in Hungarian | QA in Czech | QA in Lithuanian | QA in Danish | QA in Norwegian | QA in Romanian | QA in Farsi
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!