Free Online Dictionary
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
- In linguistics, the potential mood
- The mathematical study of potentials is known as potential theory; it is the study of harmonic functions on manifolds. This mathematical formulation arises from the fact that, in physics, the scalar potential is irrotational, and thus has a vanishing Laplacian — the very definition of a harmonic function.
- In physics, a potential may refer to the scalar potential or to the vector potential. In either case, it is a field defined in space, from which many important physical properties may be derived.
- Leading examples are the gravitational potential and the electric potential, from which the motion of gravitating or electrically charged bodies may be obtained.
- Specific forces have associated potentials, including the Coulomb potential, the van der Waals potential, the Lennard-Jones potential and the Yukawa potential.
- In electrochemistry there are Galvani potential and Volta potential.
- In Thermodynamics potential refers to thermodynamic potential.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "Potential Field", to help you become a better English speaker.
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
| Potential Field in French | Potential Field in Italian | Potential Field in Spanish | Potential Field in Dutch | Potential Field in German | Potential Field in Japanese | Potential Field in Polish | Potential Field in Romanian | Potential Field in Swedish
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!