Free Online Dictionary
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Photosensors or photodetectors are sensors of light or other electromagnetic energy. There are several varieties:
- Active pixel sensors are image sensors consisting of an integrated circuit that contains an array of pixel sensors, each pixel containing a both a light sensor and an active amplifier. There are many types of active pixel sensors including the CMOS APS commonly used in cell phone cameras, web cameras, and some DSLRs. An image sensor produced by a CMOS process is also known as a CMOS sensor, and has emerged as an alternative to Charge-coupled device (CCD) sensors.
- Charge-coupled devices (CCD), which are used to record images in astronomy, digital photography, and digital cinematography. Before the 1990s, photographic plates were most common in astronomy. The next generation of astronomical instruments, such as the Astro-E2, include cryogenic detectors.
- In experimental particle physics, a particle detector is a device used to track and identify elementary particles.
- Chemical detectors, such as photographic plates, in which a silver halide molecule is split into an atom of metallic silver and a halogen atom. The photographic developer causes adjacent molecules to split similarly.
- Cryogenic detectors are sufficiently sensitive to measure the energy of single x-ray, visible and infrared photons.
- LEDs reverse-biased to act as photodiodes. See LEDs as Photodiode Light Sensors.
- Optical detectors, which are mostly quantum devices in which an individual photon produces a discrete effect.
- Optical detectors that are effectively thermometers, responding purely to the heating effect of the incoming radiation, such as pyroelectric detectors, Golay cells, thermocouples and thermistors, but the latter two are much less sensitive.
- Photoresistors or Light Dependent Resistors (LDR) which change resistance according to light intensity. Normally the resistance of Photoresistor ( LDR ) decreases with increasing intensity of light falling on it.
- Photovoltaic cells or solar cells which produce a voltage and supply an electric current when illuminated.
- Photodiodes which can operate in photovoltaic mode or photoconductive mode.
- Photomultiplier tubes containing a photocathode which emits electrons when illuminated, the electrons are then amplified by a chain of dynodes.
- Phototubes containing a photocathode which emits electrons when illuminated, such that the tube conducts a current proportional to the light intensity.
- Phototransistors, which act like amplifying photodiodes.
- Quantum dot photoconductors or photodiodes, which can handle wavelengths in the visible and infrared spectral regions.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "Photodetector", to help you become a better English speaker.
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|Wikipedia Deutsch Die freie Enzyklopädie||Download this dictionary|
|Mehr unter Wikipedia.org...|
© Dieser Eintrag beinhaltet Material aus Wikipedia und ist lizensiert auf GNU-Lizenz für freie Dokumentation
|Svenska Wikipedia – den fria encyklopedin||Download this dictionary|
Fotodetektor är en anordning för att mäta styrkan hos ljus. Fotodetektorerna kan grovt delas in i tre olika kategorier beroende deras funktionssätt: halvledarbaserade fotodetektorer, fotomultiplikatorrör samt bolometrar.
|Se mer på Wikipedia.οrg…|
© Den här artikeln använder material från Wikipedia® och är licensierad enligt GNU Free Documentation License
|THE Eng-Cro Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
Free for individual usage/Besplatan za osobnu uporabu
|Dizionario inglese-italiano 1.0.012||Download this dictionary|
RIVELATORE FOTOELETTRICO. SENSORE DI LUCE
| Photodetector in English | Photodetector in Italian | Photodetector in Dutch | Photodetector in German | Photodetector in Japanese | Photodetector in Turkish | Photodetector in Latvian | Photodetector in Catalan | Photodetector in Croatian | Photodetector in Urdu | Photodetector in Swedish
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!