Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
n. exclusive right to an invention or design; invention or design that is protected by a patent
adj. protected by a patent; clear; obvious, evident; ingenious, innovative
v. receive a patent, receive exclusive rights to an invention or design
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "Patent", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. a document granting an inventor sole rights to an invention
(synonym) patent of invention
(hypernym) document, written document, papers
2. an official document granting a right or privilege
(synonym) letters patent
(hypernym) legal document, legal instrument, official document, instrument
(classification) law, jurisprudence
1. obtain a patent for; "Should I patent this invention?"
(hypernym) procure, secure
(derivation) patent of invention
2. grant rights to; grant a patent for
(derivation) letters patent
3. make open to sight or notice; "His behavior has patented an embarrassing fact about him"
(hypernym) change, alter, modify
(derivation) obviousness, noticeability, noticeableness, patency
1. (of a bodily tube or passageway) open; affording free passage; "patent ductus arteriosus"
2. clearly apparent or obvious to the mind or senses; "the effects of the drought are apparent to anyone who sees the parched fields"; "evident hostility"; "manifest disapproval"; "patent advantages"; "made his meaning plain"; "it is plain that he is no reactionary"; "in plain view"
(synonym) apparent, evident, manifest, plain
|Babylon German English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
n. patent, exclusive right to an invention or design; invention or design that is protected by a patent
|Babylon French English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
| Patent in French | Patent in Italian | Patent in Spanish | Patent in Dutch | Patent in Portuguese | Patent in German | Patent in Russian | Patent in Japanese | Patent in Greek | Patent in Korean | Patent in Turkish | Patent in Hebrew | Patent in Arabic | Patent in Thai | Patent in Polish | Patent in Hungarian | Patent in Czech | Patent in Lithuanian | Patent in Catalan | Patent in Croatian | Patent in Serbian | Patent in Albanian | Patent in Urdu | Patent in Bulgarian | Patent in Danish | Patent in Finnish | Patent in Norwegian | Patent in Romanian | Patent in Swedish | Patent in Farsi | Patent in Macedonian | Patent in Latin | Patent in Hindi | Patent in Indonesian | Patent in Vietnamese | Patent in Malay
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!