Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
v. draw a rough sketch that focuses on the outer lines of a shape; describe along general lines, summarize; indicate main headings and points of a work
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "Outlining", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Outline may refer to:
- Outline drawing, a sketch depicting the outer edges of a person or object, without interior details or shading.
- Outline (summary), a document summary, in hierarchical list format. A type of tree structure.
- in typography, outline typeface
- Outline, the representation of a word in shorthand
- The Outline, an experimental band from Los Angeles, CA
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. the line that appears to bound an object
(hypernym) boundary, bound, bounds
(derivation) delineate, limn
2. a sketchy summary of the main points of an argument or theory
(synonym) synopsis, abstract, precis
(derivation) sketch, adumbrate
3. a schematic or preliminary plan
(synonym) schema, scheme
(hypernym) plan, program, programme
1. describe roughly or briefly or give the main points or summary of; "sketch the outline of the book"; "outline his ideas"
(synonym) sketch, adumbrate
(hypernym) describe, depict, draw
(hyponym) block out
(derivation) synopsis, abstract, precis
2. draw up an outline or sketch for something; "draft a speech"
(hypernym) write, compose, pen, indite
(derivation) schema, scheme
(classification) writing, authorship, composition, penning
3. trace the shape of
(synonym) delineate, limn
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
|Babylon English-Polish||Download this dictionary|
Czas. nakreślać w ogólnym zarysie
| Outlining in French | Outlining in Italian | Outlining in Spanish | Outlining in Dutch | Outlining in Portuguese | Outlining in German | Outlining in Russian | Outlining in Japanese | Outlining in Greek | Outlining in Korean | Outlining in Turkish | Outlining in Hebrew | Outlining in Arabic | Outlining in Polish | Outlining in Czech | Outlining in Catalan | Outlining in Croatian | Outlining in Albanian | Outlining in Danish | Outlining in Norwegian | Outlining in Romanian | Outlining in Swedish | Outlining in Farsi | Outlining in Indonesian
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!