Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
pron. something else, someone else
adv. otherwise, differently
adj. another; different; remaining of a pair; additional; in the recent past
n. remaining one of a pair; another one; different person
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "Other", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
The Other or Constitutive Other (also the verb othering) is a key concept in continental philosophy; it opposes the Same. The Other refers, or attempts to refer, to that which is other than the initial concept being considered. The Constitutive Other often denotes a person Other than one’s self; hence, the Other is identified as “different”; thus the spelling often is capitalized.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. not the same one or ones already mentioned or implied; "today isn't any other day"- the White Queen; "the construction of highways and other public works"; "he asked for other employment"; "any other person would tell the truth"; "his other books are still in storage"; "then we looked at the other house"; "hearing was good in his other ear"; "the other sex"; "she lived on the other side of the street from me"; "went in the other direction"
(similar) another(a), different
(attribute) otherness, distinctness, separateness
2. further or added; "called for additional troops"; "need extra help"; "an extra pair of shoes"; "I have no other shoes"; "there are other possibilities"
(synonym) extra, other(a), additional
3. recently past; "the other evening"
4. of the distant past; "the early inhabitants of Europe"; "former generations"; "in other times"
(synonym) early(a), former(a), other(a)
5. very unusual; different in character or quality from the normal or expected; "a strange, other dimension...where his powers seemed to fail"- Lance Morrow
(similar) strange, unusual
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
příd.jm. jiný; druhý; ostatní
|Babylon English-Polish||Download this dictionary|
Przym. inny; drugi (od pary); pozostały
| Other in French | Other in Italian | Other in Spanish | Other in Dutch | Other in Portuguese | Other in German | Other in Russian | Other in Japanese | Other in Greek | Other in Korean | Other in Turkish | Other in Hebrew | Other in Arabic | Other in Thai | Other in Polish | Other in Czech | Other in Catalan | Other in Croatian | Other in Serbian | Other in Albanian | Other in Urdu | Other in Bulgarian | Other in Danish | Other in Finnish | Other in Norwegian | Other in Romanian | Other in Swedish | Other in Farsi | Other in Macedonian | Other in Afrikaans | Other in Latin | Other in Armenian | Other in Hindi | Other in Indonesian | Other in Vietnamese | Other in Pashto | Other in Malay
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!