Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adj. amassed; brought together in a mass; collected
v. amass, collect; condense; assemble into one group; concentrate or be concentrated; throng, crowd
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "Massed", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
Manab Adhikar Sangram Samiti
Manab Adhikar Sangram Samiti (MASS), (Assamese মানৱ অধিকাৰ সংগ্ৰাম সমিতি), is a regional non-profit human rights NGO in Assam. It was founded in 1991 by Parag Kumar Das along with a group of intellectuals and journalists of Assam. The present chairman is Ajit Kumar Bhuyan and its headquarter is at Bamunimoidam, Guwahati.
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
In physics, mass (from Greek "barley cake, lump (of dough)"), more specifically inertial mass, can be defined as a quantitative measure of an object's resistance to the change of its speed. In addition to this, gravitational mass can be described as a measure of magnitude of the gravitational force which is
- exerted by an object (active gravitational mass), or
- experienced by an object (passive gravitational force)
|See more at Wikipedia.org...|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. brought together into a group or crowd; "the accumulated letters in my office"
(synonym) accumulated, amassed, assembled, collected, congregate
1. the property of a body that causes it to have weight in a gravitational field
(hypernym) fundamental quantity, fundamental measure
2. (often followed by `of') a large number or amount or extent; "a batch of letters"; "a deal of trouble"; "a lot of money"; "he made a mint on the stock market"; "it must have cost plenty"
(synonym) batch, deal, flock, good deal, great deal, hatful, heap, lot, mess, mickle, mint, muckle, peck, pile, plenty, pot, quite a little, raft, sight, slew, spate, stack, tidy sum, wad, whole lot, whole slew
(hypernym) large indefinite quantity, large indefinite amount
(hyponym) flood, inundation, deluge, torrent
3. an ill-structured collection of similar things (objects or people)
(hypernym) collection, aggregation, accumulation, assemblage
4. a body of matter without definite shape; "a huge ice mass"
(hyponym) coprolith, fecalith, faecalith, stercolith
5. the common people generally; "separate the warriors from the mass"; "power to the people"
(synonym) multitude, masses, hoi polloi, people
(hypernym) group, grouping
(hyponym) laity, temporalty
6. the property of something that is great in magnitude; "it is cheaper to buy it in bulk"; "he received a mass of correspondence"; "the volume of exports"
(synonym) bulk, volume
(hyponym) dollar volume, turnover
1. join together into a mass or collect or form a mass; "Crowds were massing outside the palace"
(hypernym) crowd, crowd together
1. occurring widely (as to many people); "mass destruction"
2. gathered or tending to gather into a mass or whole; "aggregate expenses include expenses of all divisions combined for the entire year"; "the aggregated amount of indebtedness"
(synonym) aggregate, aggregated, aggregative
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
v. shromáždit se; srotit se
|Babylon English-Polish||Download this dictionary|
Czas. gromadzić (się)
| Massed in French | Massed in Italian | Massed in Spanish | Massed in Dutch | Massed in Portuguese | Massed in German | Massed in Russian | Massed in Japanese | Massed in Greek | Massed in Korean | Massed in Turkish | Massed in Hebrew | Massed in Arabic | Massed in Polish | Massed in Czech | Massed in Catalan | Massed in Albanian | Massed in Danish | Massed in Norwegian | Massed in Swedish | Massed in Farsi | Massed in Indonesian
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!