Free Online Dictionary
|Babylon English English dictionary||Download this dictionary|
adj. having laces, equipped with laces
v. tie, fasten; intertwine; be tied, be intertwined; pass through a hole, thread; adorn with lace; add a small amount of liquor to (drink, food, etc.); abuse or attack verbally or physically (Slang)
The following video provides you with the correct English pronunciation of the word "LACED", to help you become a better English speaker.
|Wikipedia English The Free Encyclopedia||Download this dictionary|
© This article uses material from Wikipedia® and is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License and under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License
|WordNet 2.0 Dictionary||Download this dictionary|
1. closed with a lace; "snugly laced shoes"
(antonym) unlaced, untied
2. edged or streaked with color; "white blossoms with purple-laced petals"
3. having alcohol added; "a cup of brandy-laced coffee"; "he drank too much of the spiked punch"
4. trimmed or decorated with lace
(similar) adorned, decorated
1. a cord that is drawn through eyelets or around hooks in order to draw together two edges (as of a shoe or garment)
(derivation) lace up
2. a delicate decorative fabric woven in an open web of symmetrical patterns
(hypernym) fabric, cloth, material, textile
(hyponym) Brussels lace
1. spin or twist together so as to form a cord; "intertwine the ribbons"; "Twine the threads into a rope"
(synonym) intertwine, twine, entwine, enlace, interlace
(hypernym) twist, twine, distort
(hyponym) wreathe, wind
2. make by braiding or interlacing; "lace a tablecloth"
(synonym) braid, plait
(hypernym) weave, tissue
3. do lacework; "The Flemish women were lacing in front of the cathedral"
(hypernym) weave, tissue
4. draw through eyes or holes; "lace the shoelaces"
(synonym) lace up
(hypernym) tie, bind
(entail) fasten, fix, secure
5. add alcohol beverages
(synonym) spike, fortify
(hypernym) change, alter, modify
(classification) cooking, cookery, preparation
|Babylon English-Czech||Download this dictionary|
|Babylon English-Polish||Download this dictionary|
Czas. sznurować (się)
| LACED in French | LACED in Italian | LACED in Spanish | LACED in Dutch | LACED in Portuguese | LACED in German | LACED in Russian | LACED in Japanese | LACED in Greek | LACED in Korean | LACED in Turkish | LACED in Hebrew | LACED in Arabic | LACED in Polish | LACED in Czech | LACED in Catalan | LACED in Serbian | LACED in Albanian | LACED in Urdu | LACED in Bulgarian | LACED in Danish | LACED in Norwegian | LACED in Swedish | LACED in Farsi | LACED in Indonesian | LACED in Vietnamese
You think you have ethics... Take the survey NOW!